Default Joiner

Alright another question.

I want to add a joiner to my arsenal sometime soon. I am thinking a
6"x40 something. I was wondering if you guys could contribute some
suggestions as to great joiners in that size range. I am into buying
tools once, but also like value. Anyone had problems with the big names
Jet, Powermatic, Delta, any rave reviews after several years of the
less known brands?

Thanks in advance

Brad

You want a jointer, not a joiner. Search on 6" jointer and you'll find
a wealth of info.

Ba r r y

On 3 Jan 2005 16:29:40 -0800, "Brad" wrote:

You want a jointer, not a joiner.

Maybe he needs an English finish carpenter? G

Barry
Doug

I am very please with the Yorkcraft (sold by Wilke machines out of PA)
The machine is exactly the same as the Delta closed based 6" jointer
(call and ask the salesperson and they will tell you that they ship
from the same factory) only the Delta sells for $200 more. I don't
have the link handy but search the above names and you will find it.
The 6" model sells for $339, and I consider it the best bargain of any
of my bigger machines.

wrote:
Alright another question.

I want to add a joiner to my arsenal sometime soon. I am thinking a
6"x40 something. I was wondering if you guys could contribute some
suggestions as to great joiners in that size range. I am into buying
tools once, but also like value. Anyone had problems with the big

names
Jet, Powermatic, Delta, any rave reviews after several years of the
less known brands?

Thanks in advance

tzipple

They all work well, at least those you mention. I like and own the
Powermaric for its longer bed. It gets great reviews for a 6 inch
jointer. It is not cheap, but it works flawlessly and with the long bed
can handle bigger jobs. The bed also increases the weight, increasing
stability and smoothness

wrote:
Alright another question.

I want to add a joiner to my arsenal sometime soon. I am thinking a
6"x40 something. I was wondering if you guys could contribute some
suggestions as to great joiners in that size range. I am into buying
tools once, but also like value. Anyone had problems with the big names
Jet, Powermatic, Delta, any rave reviews after several years of the
less known brands?

Thanks in advance

TWS

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:45:13 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On 3 Jan 2005 16:29:40 -0800, "Brad" wrote:

You want a jointer, not a joiner.

Maybe he needs an English finish carpenter? G

Barry

Barry, make up your mind. Does he want an English or a Finnish
carpenter?

TWS
Nate Perkins

"dondone" wrote in

There seems to be no prices on their web site. What was the cost of
your jointer?

I bought it a year or two ago and I can't remember anymore. Seems like it
was $325 on sale plus shipping, which took it to just under $400.

The 52" long bed is nice.