DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   joiner costs (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/282580-joiner-costs.html)

m1ss_wh1te July 17th 09 09:40 PM

joiner costs

I have several jobs needing to be done around the place. Window frame
repairs, built-in copboards etc. etc. What do posters consider to be a
fair hourly rate to pay a decent joiner.

John Rumm July 17th 09 11:06 PM

joiner costs

m1ss_wh1te wrote:
I have several jobs needing to be done around the place. Window frame
repairs, built-in copboards etc. etc. What do posters consider to be a
fair hourly rate to pay a decent joiner.

Depends on where in the country you are, and how many hours you want in
a block. £150 - £220 a day would not be unreasonable for a good one.

--
Cheers,

John.

A.Lee July 18th 09 08:46 AM

joiner costs

John Rumm wrote:

m1ss_wh1te wrote:
I have several jobs needing to be done around the place. Window frame
repairs, built-in copboards etc. etc. What do posters consider to be a
fair hourly rate to pay a decent joiner.

Depends on where in the country you are, and how many hours you want in
a block. £150 - £220 a day would not be unreasonable for a good one.

But in todays climate, £100 for a day would be more realistic for a
number of 'odd jobs' where the time taken can only be estimated.
I know plasterers are available now for £75 a day, where they would be
£150 a year ago.
Alan.

House martin July 18th 09 10:45 AM

joiner costs

But in todays climate, £100 for a day would be more realistic for a
number of 'odd jobs' where the time taken can only be estimated.
I know plasterers are available now for £75 a day, where they would be
£150 a year ago.
Alan.

I beg to disagree, I am a domestic carpenter in Bristol and there is
no shortage of work here. I charge £20 per hour plus £20 callout for
one off jobs under £100.

Dave Plowman (News) July 18th 09 12:06 PM

joiner costs

In article ,
A.Lee wrote:
But in todays climate, £100 for a day would be more realistic for a
number of 'odd jobs' where the time taken can only be estimated.
I know plasterers are available now for £75 a day, where they would be
£150 a year ago.

You must live in a very depressed area.

--
*It is wrong to ever split an infinitive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.