Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler controls help

We've just moved into a house and they've not left the full instructions
for the boiler controls. I've figured out how to set the programs but
there are 4 settings on the control for both CH and HW. These are Off,
On, Once and Twice. I've worked out the first two :-) but the "Once" and
"Twice" have me stumped. When selected both seem to kick the HW on, but
after that?

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike. buckley wrote:
We've just moved into a house and they've not left the full instructions
for the boiler controls. I've figured out how to set the programs but
there are 4 settings on the control for both CH and HW. These are Off,
On, Once and Twice. I've worked out the first two :-) but the "Once" and
"Twice" have me stumped. When selected both seem to kick the HW on, but
after that?

There should also be a way to set a 1st period start time/1st period
stop time, then a 2nd period start time/2nd period stop time.

On Once will be from the start of the first period to the end of the
second. On twice will be each period as set above.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
mike. buckley wrote:
We've just moved into a house and they've not left the full instructions
for the boiler controls. I've figured out how to set the programs but
there are 4 settings on the control for both CH and HW. These are Off,
On, Once and Twice. I've worked out the first two :-) but the "Once" and
"Twice" have me stumped. When selected both seem to kick the HW on, but
after that?

'Once' runs from the first start time to the second stop time - ie usually
all day and evening. Handy for when you're in all day. Twice gives two ons
and offs. Like on in the early morning when you get up, off during the
day, then on in the evening after work, and off during the night.

--
*Starfishes have no brains *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike. buckley wrote:

We've just moved into a house and they've not left the full
instructions for the boiler controls. I've figured out how to set the
programs but there are 4 settings on the control for both CH and HW.
These are Off, On, Once and Twice. I've worked out the first two :-)
but the "Once" and "Twice" have me stumped. When selected both seem
to kick the HW on, but after that?

As you say, OFF is obvious - and ON pretty certainly means on all the time -
regardless of any timer settings.

TWICE almost certainly means that you can have two on/off periods per day -
e.g. one in the morning and one in the afternoon/evening, by setting the
clock appropriately.

I've not come across ONCE as such, but I guess that it equates to the ALL
DAY setting which some controllers have - coming on at the start of the
first period, and remaining on until the end of the second period.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
I've not come across ONCE as such, but I guess that it equates to the ALL
DAY setting which some controllers have - coming on at the start of the
first period, and remaining on until the end of the second period.

The pretty generic Honeywell

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/86588/...BHCKCSTHZOCFEY

comes in both types. Only difference are the selector switches - and price.
They can be swopped with no alteration to the wiring, etc.

I've got a once/twice one here going spare after changing to a system
boiler. Just had a new battery too, if anyone is interested.

--

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
I've not come across ONCE as such, but I guess that it equates to the ALL
DAY setting which some controllers have - coming on at the start of the
first period, and remaining on until the end of the second period.

The pretty generic Honeywell

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/86588/...ng-Controls/Ho
neywell-ST699-Programmer;jsessionid=CKBQEHAJPBHCKCSTHZOCFEY

comes in both types. Only difference are the selector switches - and price.
They can be swopped with no alteration to the wiring, etc.

I've got a once/twice one here going spare after changing to a system
boiler. Just had a new battery too, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.

Umm, yes, very interesting about the battery :-)

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
CB72
http://www.toastyhamster.plus.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I've got a once/twice one here going spare . . .

I read that as "tearing its hair out" and then realised that you meant
"surplus to requirements" g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

It should be quite easy to download a user manual off the internet if you go
to the manufacturers web site. But note that some programmers are rebadged
(eg British Gas programmers are made by Danfoss)

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi,what could be a problem on my fuel boiler switching off before reach pressure settings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorry our crystal ball is away, and won't be back due to the current virus
situation

Brian
--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Hi,what could be a problem on my fuel boiler switching off before reach
pressure settings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What's a fuel boiler?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 May 2020 11:27:52 -0700 (PDT), Cynic
wrote:

What's a fuel boiler?

I don't know.

77.246.53.13 - Geo Information
IP Address 77.246.53.13
Host 77.246.53.13
Location ZW ZW, Zimbabwe
City -,
Organization Liquid Telecommunications Ltd

Boiler controls [email protected] UK diy 2 December 16th 07 10:38 PM
CH Boiler Controls Jeff UK diy 12 April 1st 06 12:08 AM
Boiler Controls - CH/DHW BeavistheCat UK diy 6 March 30th 06 10:17 AM
boiler controls Cuprager UK diy 17 March 7th 05 10:52 PM
Boiler controls Dave UK diy 4 December 9th 04 09:10 AM