Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

andyv wrote:
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Where abouts are you?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 July, 11:03, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
andyv wrote:
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Where abouts are you?

He's sitting up and facing front!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

are you sure you want to power wash it? blasting the sand that keeps
everything tight between the joins is not a good idea.
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Pal of mine used
http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...FVUA4wodOVegKQ

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R wrote:
"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Pal of mine used
http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...FVUA4wodOVegKQ

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

IME washing up liquid works as well. I tried the Bayer dedicated cleaner
, and there was no difference, except in the price.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...roducts&gclid=...

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

IME washing up liquid works as well. I tried the Bayer dedicated cleaner
, and there was no difference, except in the price.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your comments so far.

The reason I want to clean it is that I get a lot of vegetation
growing between the cracks. I keep the weeds down, sort of, with a
flame gum but it does look a bit of a mess. The drainage goes into a
wetland which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest so I really
don't want to use chemicals. Pressure washing does seem to work but
it's slow without proper sized kit.

block paving stain/dye ? [email protected] UK diy 1 May 12th 09 02:24 PM
Sub base for block paving Zen83237 UK diy 9 January 7th 09 08:25 PM
Block Paving [email protected] UK diy 3 June 20th 07 07:57 PM
Block paving I'm not crofter either UK diy 5 August 19th 05 03:08 PM
Block paving Mark Webb UK diy 3 August 17th 03 02:00 PM