DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CLEANING BLOCK PAVING (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/282077-cleaning-block-paving.html)

andyv July 10th 09 09:53 AM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

The Medway Handyman July 10th 09 11:03 AM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

andyv wrote:
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Where abouts are you?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

[email protected] July 10th 09 04:16 PM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

On 10 July, 11:03, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
andyv wrote:
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Where abouts are you?

He's sitting up and facing front!

Vass[_7_] July 10th 09 04:17 PM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

are you sure you want to power wash it? blasting the sand that keeps
everything tight between the joins is not a good idea.
--
Vass

R[_7_] July 10th 09 06:23 PM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Pal of mine used
http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...FVUA4wodOVegKQ

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

Stuart Noble July 11th 09 10:51 AM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

R wrote:
"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Pal of mine used
http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...FVUA4wodOVegKQ

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

IME washing up liquid works as well. I tried the Bayer dedicated cleaner
, and there was no difference, except in the price.

andyv July 15th 09 01:26 PM

CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...roducts&gclid=...

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

IME washing up liquid works as well. I tried the Bayer dedicated cleaner
, and there was no difference, except in the price.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your comments so far.

The reason I want to clean it is that I get a lot of vegetation
growing between the cracks. I keep the weeds down, sort of, with a
flame gum but it does look a bit of a mess. The drainage goes into a
wetland which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest so I really
don't want to use chemicals. Pressure washing does seem to work but
it's slow without proper sized kit.