Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Block Paving

I am about to lay some block paving, however i am not laying this up
to any walls. Can i lay the first outer course with mortar and then
lay the rest on sand.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-06-19 22:17:39 +0100, said:

I am about to lay some block paving, however i am not laying this up
to any walls. Can i lay the first outer course with mortar and then
lay the rest on sand.

www.pavingexpert.com for more than you ever needed to know on the subject.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
R R is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am about to lay some block paving, however i am not laying this up
to any walls. Can i lay the first outer course with mortar and then
lay the rest on sand.

Sounds sensible to me

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19 Jun, 22:17, wrote:
I am about to lay some block paving, however i am not laying this up
to any walls. Can i lay the first outer course with mortar and then
lay the rest on sand.

The outer edges need to be held solid, a couple of inches of mortar
laid on the ground won't do the job, it will move over time.

You can buy special edgeing strips to "nail" into the ground, or use
simple angle iron and reinfocing rod as nails.

If you want to go the concrete/cement route I'd do a mini foundation
to hold the edge, say 30cm x 30cm.

Rick

Extending block paving. sm_jamieson UK diy 2 May 10th 07 05:08 AM
Why has my block paving gone green? Andy UK diy 11 March 1st 06 05:41 PM
Block paving I'm not crofter either UK diy 5 August 19th 05 03:08 PM
Re-Sanding block paving JD UK diy 4 June 3rd 05 02:11 AM
Block paving Mark Webb UK diy 3 August 17th 03 02:00 PM