Posted to uk.d-i-y
andyv andyv is offline

Default CLEANING BLOCK PAVING

On 11 July, 10:51, Stuart Noble wrote:
R wrote:
"andyv" wrote in message
I'm looking to clean my driveway, but from what I've seen of my
neighbour's efforts it'll take several days unless I have a
sufficiently powerful washer.

Any recommendations for a suitable machine that I could hire, or even
buy.

I've got about 200 square metres of block paving to clean.

Pal of mine used
http://www.kingfisheruk.com/shop.php...roducts&gclid=...

and was VERY impressed with the results.

Similar area to you and bought 3 lots.
Did the whole area in a weekend with just his garden hose and a stiff broom.

IME washing up liquid works as well. I tried the Bayer dedicated cleaner
, and there was no difference, except in the price.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your comments so far.

The reason I want to clean it is that I get a lot of vegetation
growing between the cracks. I keep the weeds down, sort of, with a
flame gum but it does look a bit of a mess. The drainage goes into a
wetland which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest so I really
don't want to use chemicals. Pressure washing does seem to work but
it's slow without proper sized kit.