Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default system losing water

I have a seven year old Valliant Ecomax combi boiler. We have had
numerous issues with it over the years!

The radiator system seems to lose a lot of water, I have to 'top it
up' about every 2 weeks. Is it likely to be leaking water ? What
other issues might there be?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 2, 12:31*pm, scot wrote:
I have a seven year old Valliant Ecomax combi boiler. We have had
numerous issues with it over the years!

The radiator system seems to lose a lot of water, I have to 'top it
up' about every 2 weeks. Is it likely to be leaking water ? *What
other issues might there be?

I'd say something is leaking. All that water you are adding is going
somewhere.

But, it might be a very small leak combined with an accumulator that
has lost its air. How much water do you actually need to add each
time? If the pressure comes very quickly back to normal with a tiny
amount of water added, then perhaps the accumulator (big red metal
'bottle') needs some air putting in it (car foot pump can do this
usually) or needs replacement (as well as there being a small leak).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

But, it might be a very small leak combined with an accumulator that
has lost its air. *How much water do you actually need to add each
time? *If the pressure comes very quickly back to normal with a tiny
amount of water added, then perhaps the accumulator (big red metal
'bottle') needs some air putting in it (car foot pump can do this
usually) or needs replacement (as well as there being a small leak).

Just to say that on my Valliant boiler, the accumulator is flat and
mounted at the back of the boiler. It's definitely worth check its
pressure. Valliant tech support will tell you how to do this. Also
check the small pipe that allows water to vent (from the pressure
relief valve I think) - this just goes to the outside on my system.
You could try tying a plastic bag over the pipe temporarily and see if
it collects water.

New CH System losing pressure Kevin Cowans UK diy 15 May 7th 08 08:49 PM
Old pool losing water [email protected] Home Repair 9 October 17th 06 10:53 AM
Sealed system boiler losing pressure Lobster UK diy 7 September 11th 06 09:21 AM
Central Heating System Losing Pressure trickydicky UK diy 6 June 23rd 06 02:34 PM
CH System losing pressure Angela UK diy 3 October 27th 03 10:31 PM