Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default system losing water

On Jul 2, 12:31*pm, scot wrote:
I have a seven year old Valliant Ecomax combi boiler. We have had
numerous issues with it over the years!

The radiator system seems to lose a lot of water, I have to 'top it
up' about every 2 weeks. Is it likely to be leaking water ? *What
other issues might there be?

I'd say something is leaking. All that water you are adding is going
somewhere.

But, it might be a very small leak combined with an accumulator that
has lost its air. How much water do you actually need to add each
time? If the pressure comes very quickly back to normal with a tiny
amount of water added, then perhaps the accumulator (big red metal
'bottle') needs some air putting in it (car foot pump can do this
usually) or needs replacement (as well as there being a small leak).