Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magnet Trade again

Late last year I were building a deck for a lady. The woman next door was
the manager of the local Magnet Trade.

She asked me if I would like to open an account. I explained that I didn't
fit kitchens, windows, doors or staircases and that in any case I don't like
to run accounts with anyone.

Ended up with a bag full of goodies, pads, pens, air fresheners, tee shirt,
a rather nice Irwin jack saw & the deal that if I opened an account -
without having to spend a single penny - I would get 20 tubes of silicone
completely free.

So I did, no trade or bank refs required, got my free silicone and a £3K
credit account. Never ever used it. Obviously some kinda sales promotion
with a target & no doubt a bonus scheme.

Got a flyer in the post today, on the theme of 'Remember you opened a trade
account?'

'Activate your account, get £100 off any single transaction when you spend
£100 - even if you only spend £100 - thats right, your first purchase could
be completely free'.

I've read the small print 3 times & can't find a catch. The only thing they
sell that I might buy is the Ryobi range of power tools.

I shall pop in & check it out. £100 worth of power tools for free? I could
flog them & pocket the dosh!

Someone in their marketing department is obviously desperate & doesn't have
a bloody clue.

I'll report back.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Magnet give away The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 October 10th 08 02:16 PM
magnet kitchens? Keyser Sose UK diy 34 January 1st 07 09:20 AM
magnet on tv screen david wilson Electronics Repair 0 September 3rd 06 10:23 PM
enzhou Taitong import & export trade Co., Ltd. is a stock-company specializing in the import & export trade that approved by the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade of People's Republic of China. The company registered capital is [email protected] UK diy 6 August 15th 06 01:46 AM
Can I degauss my TV with a magnet? Nick Alexander Electronics Repair 30 April 15th 04 03:57 AM