Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TLC Indirect

Yesterday morning I were in my local TLC depot picking up some of them flour
essence lights.

Large queue at the trade counter. Bloke in front of me was 'tutting' and
exchanging raised eyebrow's with people. Spose we waited 5 mins, but it
always feels like 10.

Finally his turn to be served, he produced a list;

Bloke; "2 dozen 15mm compression elbows, 2 dozen 15mm compression
joiners...."

TLC; "Plumb Center is next door mate."

Bloke; "Oh bugger, I wondered why there was some much electrical stuff
around."

I'm glad its not just me who has grey moments :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Yesterday morning I were in my local TLC depot picking up some of them
flour essence lights.

Large queue at the trade counter. Bloke in front of me was 'tutting'
and exchanging raised eyebrow's with people. Spose we waited 5 mins,
but it always feels like 10.

Finally his turn to be served, he produced a list;

Bloke; "2 dozen 15mm compression elbows, 2 dozen 15mm compression
joiners...."

TLC; "Plumb Center is next door mate."

Bloke; "Oh bugger, I wondered why there was some much electrical stuff
around."

I'm glad its not just me who has grey moments :-)

That's not so bad - I usually get stuck behind someone who it is selecting
everything for a house rewire bit by bit from the catalogue. ;-)

I've got into the habit for a large order of doing an online order - but
not sending it, just print it off, and taking that in. You would too if
your writing was anything like mine.

--
*Why is it that to stop Windows 95, you have to click on "Start"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

That's not so bad - I usually get stuck behind someone who it is selecting
everything for a house rewire bit by bit from the catalogue. ;-)

I've got into the habit for a large order of doing an online order - but
not sending it, just print it off, and taking that in. You would too if
your writing was anything like mine.

I do something similar off their website - always makes them happy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:11:13 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

That's not so bad - I usually get stuck behind someone who it is
selecting everything for a house rewire bit by bit from the catalogue.
;-)

I've got into the habit for a large order of doing an online order - but
not sending it, just print it off, and taking that in. You would too if
your writing was anything like mine.

I do something similar off their website - always makes them happy.

The same thing works for Screwfix and probably other suppliers too. Just
make sure they don't charge a delivery charge. Ctrl + p on your keyboard
does the printing.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cicero wrote:
On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:11:13 +0100, Tim S wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) coughed up some electrons that declared:

That's not so bad - I usually get stuck behind someone who it is
selecting everything for a house rewire bit by bit from the catalogue.
;-)

I've got into the habit for a large order of doing an online order - but
not sending it, just print it off, and taking that in. You would too if
your writing was anything like mine.

I do something similar off their website - always makes them happy.

The same thing works for Screwfix and probably other suppliers too. Just
make sure they don't charge a delivery charge. Ctrl + p on your keyboard
does the printing.

Cic.

I've not tried it yet but the chap at toolstation counter said I could
make up my next list on line and just make a note of the reference
number and they could call it up at the counter and create a pick list.
Saves farting around with their silly little forms a la Argos stores.
I must confess to becoming quite a fan of Toolstation over screwfix.
Prices better and - so far - stock levels better.
Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:
I've not tried it yet but the chap at toolstation counter said I could
make up my next list on line and just make a note of the reference
number and they could call it up at the counter and create a pick list.
Saves farting around with their silly little forms a la Argos stores.
I must confess to becoming quite a fan of Toolstation over screwfix.
Prices better and - so far - stock levels better.

Think you can actually do that at Argos, though. Be nice if you could at
ScrewFix too.

--
*Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

In article ,
Bob Minchin wrote:

I've not tried it yet but the chap at toolstation counter said I could
make up my next list on line and just make a note of the reference
number and they could call it up at the counter and create a pick list.

Yep, works brilliantly.

Create an account on line and as you make up the order you'll see the local
stock levels. If everything is in stock when you've finished adding to your
basket instead of going through the checkout process hit the print this
order option. I'll print you out a copy of the order with a magic code
on the top right.

They type it into their computer at the trade counter and it all comes up
on their screen.

Fantastic. And just one reason Toolstation gets most of my trade instead
of Screwfix now (who appear to be stocking less and less for higher and
higher prices now!)

Darren

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:54:38 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

I must confess to becoming quite a fan of Toolstation over screwfix.
Prices better and - so far - stock levels better.

I found the prices better until they opened up Plumbfix and Sparkfix,
which are generally a bit cheaper than Toolstation's prices on stuff in
the plumbing and electrics range.

--
John Stumbles

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Indirect cove lighting avallk Home Repair 2 February 23rd 07 08:14 PM
direct or indirect Nicknoxx UK diy 6 February 10th 07 05:08 PM
Indirect Cylinder ronnie UK diy 4 September 6th 06 09:19 PM
Running indirect cylinder dry PM UK diy 8 January 30th 06 08:28 AM
Indirect cylinders and immersion Vaci UK diy 9 March 16th 05 09:59 AM