Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1 tonne bag of aggregate

Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for SWMBO
reasons)

Cheers,

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
John Anderton wrote:
Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for SWMBO
reasons)

Wicks might be worth a look - including delivery charges.

--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Anderton" wrote in message
Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for SWMBO
reasons)

Cheers,

John

£39.98 from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...&isSearch=true

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Wickes were about the same as my local builders merchant - about 36
quid. BUT the delivery charge was going to be 30 quid, whilst Ridgeons
is free on orders over a hundred or 6 quid otherwise.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Anderton" wrote in message
Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for SWMBO
reasons)

Buildbase
Burdens
NOT Jewsons

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 7, 3:33*pm, "Slider" wrote:
"John Anderton" wrote in message

Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for SWMBO
reasons)

Cheers,

John

£39.98 from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...secondid=92731....

Should I be worried that the "Home delivery" option is not available ?
I'm not going to be collecting a tonne or two of aggregate from the
store. Tried ringing the store to query this but nobody's answering.

May try Wicks on the way home,

Cheers,

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 7, 3:33 pm, "Slider" wrote:
"John Anderton" wrote in message

Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for

SWMBO
reasons)

Cheers,

John

£39.98 from B&Q

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.js...secondid=92731...

Should I be worried that the "Home delivery" option is not available ?
I'm not going to be collecting a tonne or two of aggregate from the
store. Tried ringing the store to query this but nobody's answering.

May try Wicks on the way home,

Cheers,

John

Collection is a reasonable option - they just fork them onto my
trailer - the Ivor Williams can take two legally and three at a push

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
RubberBiker wrote:
Wickes were about the same as my local builders merchant - about 36
quid. BUT the delivery charge was going to be 30 quid, whilst Ridgeons
is free on orders over a hundred or 6 quid otherwise.

IIRC, the delivery charge is down to the local store on this sort of thing.

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 May, 14:47, John Anderton wrote:
Hi all,

Does anybody have any suggestions for the cheapest place to get a
tonne of all-in/building sand in a bag ?

(I know it's much cheaper loose but it has to be in a bag for SWMBO
reasons)

Cheers,

John

£18 collected at local merchants in Fife.