Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default soft close toilet seat

Seat is becoming slack & no longer self closes. Pan seems to be all in
one with cistern on top of back. How do I get to the bolts holding
the seat to tighten them. Will I have to pull the pan away from the
wall?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Seat is becoming slack & no longer self closes. Pan seems to be all in
one with cistern on top of back. How do I get to the bolts holding
the seat to tighten them. Will I have to pull the pan away from the
wall?

my soft close toilet seat has tiny grub screws on the back of the hinges
(towards the cistern). I undo these with an allen key and the seat can be
removed. The pan has some studs installed which these grub screws grab
into.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 10 Mar, 14:31, wrote:
Seat is becoming slack & no longer self closes. Pan seems to be all in
one with cistern on top of back. How do I get to the bolts holding
the seat to tighten them. Will I have to pull the pan away from the
wall?

I have a (recently fitted) similar pan with soft close seat attached
by "blind bolts" from top only - the hinge of the seat has a cover
released via small screws - then the tops of the blind bolts are
visible

hope it helps
jim