DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   soft close toilet seat (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/273075-soft-close-toilet-seat.html)

[email protected] March 10th 09 02:31 PM

soft close toilet seat

Seat is becoming slack & no longer self closes. Pan seems to be all in
one with cistern on top of back. How do I get to the bolts holding
the seat to tighten them. Will I have to pull the pan away from the
wall?

slider March 10th 09 02:38 PM

soft close toilet seat

wrote in message
Seat is becoming slack & no longer self closes. Pan seems to be all in
one with cistern on top of back. How do I get to the bolts holding
the seat to tighten them. Will I have to pull the pan away from the
wall?

my soft close toilet seat has tiny grub screws on the back of the hinges
(towards the cistern). I undo these with an allen key and the seat can be
removed. The pan has some studs installed which these grub screws grab
into.

jim March 10th 09 08:03 PM

soft close toilet seat

On 10 Mar, 14:31, wrote:
Seat is becoming slack & no longer self closes. Pan seems to be all in
one with cistern on top of back. How do I get to the bolts holding
the seat to tighten them. Will I have to pull the pan away from the
wall?

I have a (recently fitted) similar pan with soft close seat attached
by "blind bolts" from top only - the hinge of the seat has a cover
released via small screws - then the tops of the blind bolts are
visible

hope it helps
jim