Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shaving cream

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever. While doing that and shaving in 45 seconds
without the mess, don't get ripped off buying a fogless shower shaving
mirror that doesn't work. There are loads of them (that dont work).
Check out themirrus.com - it will probably change you life in a small
way!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 21:18:36 +1300, Gib Bogle

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever. While doing that and shaving in 45 seconds
without the mess, don't get ripped off buying a fogless shower shaving
mirror that doesn't work. There are loads of them (that dont work).
Check out themirrus.com - it will probably change you life in a small
way!

Mirrors are for sissies - I shave in the shower by touch.

What part are you touching? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What actually is the function of shaving soap?

It seems to give me an easier shave, even if it does nothing for you.

I quite like Palmolive - it's dirt cheap compared to the "pansy" gels,
and lasts forever, as you only need a tiny amount (1cm from the tube)
unless you're trying to shave a Wookie !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:01:32 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

I've shaved using ordinary soap for the last 30+ years and haven't
experienced any problems.

About 17 years here also without any problems. Gave up shaving products
when I went back packing around China and the Far East for several months.
Didn't want to carry anything more than absolutely neccessary. So just a
toothbrush, razor, soap and shampoo (washing hair with soap really doesn't
work...).

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever. While doing that and shaving in 45 seconds
without the mess, don't get ripped off buying a fogless shower shaving
mirror that doesn't work. There are loads of them (that dont work).
Check out themirrus.com - it will probably change you life in a small
way!

Bet that fatigued ponce "because you're worth it" uses a mirror.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 25, 6:18*pm, Gib Bogle wrote:
wrote:
Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever. While doing that and shaving in 45 seconds
without the mess, don't get ripped off buying afoglessshower shaving
mirror that doesn't work. There are loads of them (that dont work).
Check out themirrus.com *- it will probably change you life in a small
way!

Mirrorsare for sissies - I shave in the shower by touch.

watch out for those shop window reflections!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:10:42 +0000, Timothy Murphy

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

What actually is the function of shaving soap?
I used to get refills for my beautiful wooden bowl religiously at Boots,
but they have ceased to stock it.
So I am forced to use ordinary soap,
which as far as I can see it just as good.

Almost all the supermarkets and most cheap 'drugstores' stock real
shaving soap, in a plastic bowl. Much better than the cream or the gel
stuff.
Currently I'm using Erasmic, which smells rather nice.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:14:36 GMT, wrote:

On 25 Feb,
Frank Erskine wrote:

Almost all the supermarkets and most cheap 'drugstores' stock real
shaving soap, in a plastic bowl.

What's happened to the real shaving soap, in a stick? Have I been asleep too
long?

Yes.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever. While doing that and shaving in 45 seconds
without the mess, don't get ripped off buying afoglessshower shaving
mirror that doesn't work. There are loads of them (that dont work).
Check out themirrus.com - it will probably change you life in a small
way!

Mirrorsare for sissies - I shave in the shower by touch.

watch out for those shop window reflections!

I avoid mirrors on principle ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:26:32 +0000 (GMT), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:01:32 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

I've shaved using ordinary soap for the last 30+ years and haven't
experienced any problems.

About 17 years here also without any problems. Gave up shaving products
when I went back packing around China and the Far East for several months.
Didn't want to carry anything more than absolutely neccessary. So just a
toothbrush, razor, soap and shampoo (washing hair with soap really doesn't
work...).

Over 20 years ago I went from messy soap in rucksac/pannier to a 150ml
(lemon juice) bottle of Ecover washing-up liquid - it's OK as soap, shampoo
and for washing clothes. Very little needed, so will last 2 - 4 weeks and
do everything.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever. While doing that and shaving in 45 seconds
without the mess, don't get ripped off buying afoglessshower shaving
mirror that doesn't work. There are loads of them (that dont work).
Check out themirrus.com - it will probably change you life in a small
way!
Mirrorsare for sissies - I shave in the shower by touch.

watch out for those shop window reflections!

I avoid mirrors on principle ;-)

On reflection, you may be right..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Feb, 05:49, wrote:
Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

I tried your advicet, but the lead of my Braun wouldn't stretch to the
shower.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gib Bogle wrote:
Onetap wrote:
On 25 Feb, 05:49, wrote:

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

I tried your advicet, but the lead of my Braun wouldn't stretch to the
shower.

Move the shower.

Theres an easier way....
http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Frank Erskine wrote:

Almost all the supermarkets and most cheap 'drugstores' stock real
shaving soap, in a plastic bowl.

What's happened to the real shaving soap, in a stick? Have I been asleep too
long?

Loads of places sell it along with shaving brushes .Try online

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:01:32 +0100, David in Normandy
wrote:

Same with anti-antiperspirant. I use creosote. 10p per gallon. :-)

5000 gallons please. Delivered to the UK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Gib Bogle wrote:
Onetap wrote:
On 25 Feb, 05:49, wrote:

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

I tried your advicet, but the lead of my Braun wouldn't stretch to the
shower.

Move the shower.

Theres an easier way....
http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

well that is plain stupid ... set too low down,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:25:05 -0000, Rick Hughes wrote:

wrote in message
Gib Bogle wrote:
Onetap wrote:
On 25 Feb, 05:49, wrote:

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

I tried your advicet, but the lead of my Braun wouldn't stretch to the
shower.

Move the shower.

Theres an easier way....
http://www.sda.co.uk/images/shower.jpg

well that is plain stupid ... set too low down,

Yes - lobody risky bending over in the shower (in some circumstances).