Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Shaving cream

Timothy Murphy wrote:
wrote:

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

What actually is the function of shaving soap?
I used to get refills for my beautiful wooden bowl religiously at Boots,
but they have ceased to stock it.
So I am forced to use ordinary soap,
which as far as I can see it just as good.

Many, many years ago was talking with a senior public health person. No
idea how we got there, but this subject arose. He very firmly told me
never to use ordinary soap for shaving - but I didn't get an
explanation. Wish I had...

--
Rod

onset.