Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Shaving cream

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message

Forget shaving creams etc - forget handbasins - shave in the shower
for the best shave ever.

What actually is the function of shaving soap?
I used to get refills for my beautiful wooden bowl religiously at Boots,
but they have ceased to stock it.
So I am forced to use ordinary soap,
which as far as I can see it just as good.

It's just so you can see where you have been but it's part of the
paraphenalia that gives joy to the ritual and (in deference to your
address):

'Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of
lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed.'

wouldn't have been the same without the bowl of lather.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)