Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Paul

Default Garage - making a double width door

I am building quite a large garage and I've had a 14ft wide Henderson door
(unused) that i bought a while ago intending to use it on the much delayed
garage.

Unfortunately, it blew over onto a garden bench and received a hole peirced
in the skin.

I'm also starting to desire a 16ft wide door.

Budgets are getting tight now - as always...

So, I could repair the piercing and mount the door. Or, I could try to
build a 16ft door (brickwork's not started yet).

Does anyone have any experience of building a wooden up and over door of
this size? Would I be able to use the spring, etc from the 14ft door
(adjusted for the extra weight)?

Or, is it just too hard and too heavy? I was thinking of tongue and groove
floorboards on a wooden or metal frame.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Paul