Default how the fit garage door using GARADOOR spring box?

Hi

My garage door was jambing and I wrongly thought the problem was assaciated
with the spring in the box above the door. Having undone the nuts to remove
the lid of the long metal bos the springs jumped out. The tension needed to
re-fit them means I shall have to drop the box to the floor to work on it.
My problem is that I cannot see how to re-connect the lifting wires, as the
only time the is a small amout of slcak in the wires is when the door is
open. At this point about 18 inches of door is still inside the garage which
means I cannot reach to re-connect the tensioning wire, HELP Please

alan

Reteplav

There are comprehensive fitting instructions and various Garador photos here

http://www.amourelle.co.uk/site-map.htm

Failing that , you could always contact the firm directly and ask them for
advice

HTH

Alex

Was the box across the top of the door,if so and you had to unbolt the cover
then you have what is known as a reverse spring box very old and not worth
the hassle to repair or put back together.Check with your nearest stockist
for a replacement Gardors web site will help you there in finding
one,although you may find them difficult to obtain as they are no longer
manufactured.

If the spring was in a box down the side then they are even older and
equally dangerous