David W.E. Roberts

Default Garage door opener for side hung doors.

Hi,

looking for garage door openers for side hung doors.

At the moment I can only find garage door openers for 'up and over' and
roller doors.

The garage inquestion has very high doors - high enough to admit a caravan.

I can find side openers for gates (rare to have an 'up and over' front gate
:-) ) but these don't seem to have the additional safety and locking
features you would need for a garage door.

I know you can get high and wide automatic roller doors for industrial units
but this seems a bit OTT for a humble domestic garage.

The aim is to set the garage up so Mum-in-law can have her electric scooter
in there - it is not practical to have it in the house.

I am Googling away but in the meantime I wondered if anyone had already
solved this problem.

TIA
Dave R

--
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede

Alex

the opener is the same as for up and over ,with a conversion side door
kit,basically to long bars forming a large V shaped tow arm,and the opener
used in reverse,
ie the towing bracket would be in the up and over closed position but your
doors would in effect be open.

www.pchenderson.co.uk the duo unit is exceptional for this

MrCheerful

David W.E. Roberts wrote:
Hi,

looking for garage door openers for side hung doors.

At the moment I can only find garage door openers for 'up and over'
and roller doors.

get a roller shutter, easy to fit, pretty secure as standard, remote
control, everything you need. I have bought from Ambasadoor, up
north, but they do deliver and or install.

MrCheerful

David W.E. Roberts

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 12:33:58 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

[...]

How about

http://www.amourelle.co.uk/barn-doors.htm

http://www.amourelle.co.uk/barn-doors2.htm

I have purchased various things from Amourelle and they are helpful
and knowledgable. I would call and discuss rather than just buy
because they can get other products than those on their web site so
you may have several options

Thanks - looks good.
I guess I should be looking for 'barn door' via Google.