Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV distribution equipment (advert)

There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits
and bobs.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bill Wright
writes
There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits
and bobs.

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

.... and report the bugger

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , geoff
scribeth thus
In message , Bill Wright
writes
There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits
and bobs.

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

... and report the bugger

Well I didn't think he'd "spam" on here but thats Bill Wright of Wrights
aerials one of the most knowledgeable posters on newsgroups!....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:11:51 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

In article , geoff
scribeth thus
In message , Bill Wright
writes
There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits
and bobs.

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

... and report the bugger

Well I didn't think he'd "spam" on here but thats Bill Wright of Wrights
aerials one of the most knowledgeable posters on newsgroups!....

Must admit, I didn't see it as spamming, not in the way most spammers
operate.This appears to be a one-off sale of stock of someone who is
getting out of the business.

Given the raison d'être of this NG, I would think there might be several
people who could be interested.

--
The Wanderer

When you hear the toilet flush and your child says 'Uh oh'
It's already too late!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Wanderer wrote:
[...]

On the other hand, the Berlin server didn't serve up the start of the
thread at all. Just saw geoff's post. So n.i.n seem to have classified
it as spam.

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer wrote:
On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:11:51 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

In article , geoff
scribeth thus
In message , Bill Wright
writes
There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits
and bobs.

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

... and report the bugger

Well I didn't think he'd "spam" on here but thats Bill Wright of Wrights
aerials one of the most knowledgeable posters on newsgroups!....

Must admit, I didn't see it as spamming, not in the way most spammers
operate.This appears to be a one-off sale of stock of someone who is
getting out of the business.

I think Bill clears out reclaimed kit from time to time on eBay, and
normally drops a message in uk.tech.digital-tv for any interested
parties. I guess the crossposting between here and there has been more
frequent recently, and so he assumed most people here would know him as
well.

Given the raison d'être of this NG, I would think there might be several
people who could be interested.

Indeed.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rod
scribeth thus

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Z1QQ_fromZQQ_m

doZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other bits
and bobs.

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

... and report the bugger

Well I didn't think he'd "spam" on here but thats Bill Wright of Wrights
aerials one of the most knowledgeable posters on newsgroups!....

Must admit, I didn't see it as spamming, not in the way most spammers
operate.This appears to be a one-off sale of stock of someone who is
getting out of the business.

Given the raison d'être of this NG, I would think there might be several
people who could be interested.

On the other hand, the Berlin server didn't serve up the start of the
thread at all. Just saw geoff's post. So n.i.n seem to have classified
it as spam.

The Berlin server sent it here OK .. and No Bill's not out of bizz this
AIUI is just surplus second-hand stuff...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , Bill Wright
writes
There's a sale of second-hand TV distribution equipment here.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

The sale includes modulators, amplifiers, receivers, and various other
bits and bobs.

So - a site to avoid boys and girls

don't buy from spammers

... and report the bugger

For once not a spammer but a genuine sale. Although given the time Bill
has been around newsgroups he should know to preface this subject with
'FS:'

--

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:58:49 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For once not a spammer but a genuine sale. Although given the time Bill
has been around newsgroups he should know to preface this subject with
'FS:'

I did think the [advert] in the title was a pretty good clue. I think it
behoves those posters who are quick on the trigger finger to see if any
post follows acceptable guide lines. I think this one did.

--
The Wanderer

I want to die how my Grandad died, peacefully, in his sleep,
Not like his passengers, who were screaming and shouting!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Wanderer wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:58:49 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For once not a spammer but a genuine sale. Although given the time Bill
has been around newsgroups he should know to preface this subject with
'FS:'

I did think the [advert] in the title was a pretty good clue. I think it
behoves those posters who are quick on the trigger finger to see if any
post follows acceptable guide lines. I think this one did.

FS: OT: etc are the accepted way for those who wish to filter out such
things. 'Advert' could well be used in a legitimate subject like - 'Anyone
seen that advert for B&Q drills' - or somesuch so not a good idea to just
filter that.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
The Wanderer wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:58:49 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For once not a spammer but a genuine sale. Although given the time Bill
has been around newsgroups he should know to preface this subject with
'FS:'

I did think the [advert] in the title was a pretty good clue. I think it
behoves those posters who are quick on the trigger finger to see if any
post follows acceptable guide lines. I think this one did.

FS: OT: etc are the accepted way for those who wish to filter out such
things. 'Advert' could well be used in a legitimate subject like - 'Anyone
seen that advert for B&Q drills' - or somesuch so not a good idea to just
filter that.

Adverts are not allowed here - the group would be destroyed very
quickly if people copied even a tiny fraction of ebay adverts here.

He spammed it all over the place anyway. It looks like it has been
cancelled although not very successfully, possibly by his ISP who
I imagine will have received complaints or by himself if he knows
how. (I can't actually find the cancel msg, but it's been cancelled
from some servers).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Rumm
writes

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/tvae...Q_armrsZ1QQ_fr
[...]

OK, not being a subscriber to tv and such newsgroups, I'd better take it
back

kittens - you still have nine lives

--
geoff