Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV distribution equipment (advert)

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
The Wanderer wrote:
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:58:49 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For once not a spammer but a genuine sale. Although given the time Bill
has been around newsgroups he should know to preface this subject with
'FS:'

I did think the [advert] in the title was a pretty good clue. I think it
behoves those posters who are quick on the trigger finger to see if any
post follows acceptable guide lines. I think this one did.

FS: OT: etc are the accepted way for those who wish to filter out such
things. 'Advert' could well be used in a legitimate subject like - 'Anyone
seen that advert for B&Q drills' - or somesuch so not a good idea to just
filter that.

Adverts are not allowed here - the group would be destroyed very
quickly if people copied even a tiny fraction of ebay adverts here.

He spammed it all over the place anyway. It looks like it has been
cancelled although not very successfully, possibly by his ISP who
I imagine will have received complaints or by himself if he knows
how. (I can't actually find the cancel msg, but it's been cancelled
from some servers).

--
Andrew Gabriel