Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default rubbish paint pod

I have a paint pod and am actually going to be throwing it away. It's
a waste of money. The coats are too thin, it has a dodgy button which
will not work when I want it to, then decides to work and not
stop...so paint ends up all over the floor, and do not get me started
on the cleaning function! Even putting it through the cleaning 3 times
it still comes out covered in paint. Much easier getting cheap rollers
and throwing them away afterwards.

I end up in less pain with the conventional roller too. Taking breaks
to get more paint eases my neck muscles!!

I would also like to say the advert is a load of rubbish. You cannot
paint a room as quick as that. You still need to do all the cutting
in. Very misleading.

Just wish I kept the receipt to get my money back
Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

wrote in message
I have a paint pod and am actually going to be throwing it away. It's
a waste of money. The coats are too thin, it has a dodgy button which
will not work when I want it to, then decides to work and not
stop...so paint ends up all over the floor, and do not get me started
on the cleaning function! Even putting it through the cleaning 3 times
it still comes out covered in paint. Much easier getting cheap rollers
and throwing them away afterwards.

I end up in less pain with the conventional roller too. Taking breaks
to get more paint eases my neck muscles!!

I would also like to say the advert is a load of rubbish. You cannot
paint a room as quick as that. You still need to do all the cutting
in. Very misleading.

Just wish I kept the receipt to get my money back

I saw something somewhere (probably on this ng) that mentioned that mobile
phones can interfere with the messages between paint head and pod.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I have a paint pod and am actually going to be throwing it away. It's
a waste of money. The coats are too thin, it has a dodgy button which
will not work when I want it to, then decides to work and not
stop...so paint ends up all over the floor, and do not get me started
on the cleaning function! Even putting it through the cleaning 3 times
it still comes out covered in paint. Much easier getting cheap rollers
and throwing them away afterwards.

I end up in less pain with the conventional roller too. Taking breaks
to get more paint eases my neck muscles!!

I would also like to say the advert is a load of rubbish. You cannot
paint a room as quick as that. You still need to do all the cutting
in. Very misleading.

Just wish I kept the receipt to get my money back

You don't actually need a receipt. Proof of purchase can be made with a bank
or credit card statement...assuming you paid by DC or CC.
Or try the 'goodwill' of the retailer. It wasn't B&Q was it?

Don.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:59:05 +0000, Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Much easier getting cheap rollers

I have a couple of nice rollers - I rinse mine as much as possible under
running water (5 mins or so), then chuck in the washing machine on a no
spin 40C "delicates" cycle - perfectly clean every time.

I would consider using rollers if someone could explain how to stop
that fine spray of paint that gets everywhere except on the wall or
ceiling. Meanwhile I will stick to a 6 inch brush for walls and
ceilings and a 1 inch for cutting in

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alang coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:59:05 +0000, Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Much easier getting cheap rollers

I have a couple of nice rollers - I rinse mine as much as possible under
running water (5 mins or so), then chuck in the washing machine on a no
spin 40C "delicates" cycle - perfectly clean every time.

I would consider using rollers if someone could explain how to stop
that fine spray of paint that gets everywhere except on the wall or
ceiling. Meanwhile I will stick to a 6 inch brush for walls and
ceilings and a 1 inch for cutting in

I've got something like one of these and it works with minimal splatter.

http://www.toolbaydirect.co.uk/produ...=3088&catid=94

HTH

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alang wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:59:05 +0000, Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Much easier getting cheap rollers

I have a couple of nice rollers - I rinse mine as much as possible under
running water (5 mins or so), then chuck in the washing machine on a no
spin 40C "delicates" cycle - perfectly clean every time.

I would consider using rollers if someone could explain how to stop
that fine spray of paint that gets everywhere except on the wall or
ceiling. Meanwhile I will stick to a 6 inch brush for walls and
ceilings and a 1 inch for cutting in

Run the roller slowly. Really. I very rarely get a splash on me when
painting ceilings now, and I have done a lot of ceilings this year.
Good quality rollers also help, along with good quality paint.
I think the paint used is the main point, I always use Crown Trade
emulsion, as it is far better than any other paint I have used this
year.

However, their Trade Gloss has gone right down in my opinion this week
after having to paint some doors twice, as it was so patchy.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:22:37 +0000, Alang wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:59:05 +0000, Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Much easier getting cheap rollers

I have a couple of nice rollers - I rinse mine as much as possible under
running water (5 mins or so), then chuck in the washing machine on a no
spin 40C "delicates" cycle - perfectly clean every time.

I would consider using rollers if someone could explain how to stop
that fine spray of paint that gets everywhere except on the wall or
ceiling. Meanwhile I will stick to a 6 inch brush for walls and
ceilings and a 1 inch for cutting in

Larger diameter rollers are available, the lower rotational speed means
that there is less chance of paint being thrown off.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:26:40 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:22:37 +0000, Alang wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:59:05 +0000, Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Much easier getting cheap rollers

I have a couple of nice rollers - I rinse mine as much as possible under
running water (5 mins or so), then chuck in the washing machine on a no
spin 40C "delicates" cycle - perfectly clean every time.

I would consider using rollers if someone could explain how to stop
that fine spray of paint that gets everywhere except on the wall or
ceiling. Meanwhile I will stick to a 6 inch brush for walls and
ceilings and a 1 inch for cutting in

Larger diameter rollers are available, the lower rotational speed means
that there is less chance of paint being thrown off.

Tried them many years ago and still got afine spray all over
everything. Thy are just about usable if everything is covered and the
user is in a tent
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 20, 3:54*pm, wrote:
I have a paint pod and am actually going to be throwing it away. It's
a waste of money. The coats are too thin, it has a dodgy button which
will not work when I want it to, then decides to work and not
stop...so paint ends up all over the floor, and do not get me started
on the cleaning function! Even putting it through the cleaning 3 times
it still comes out covered in paint. Much easier getting cheap rollers
and throwing them away afterwards.

I end up in less pain with the conventional roller too. Taking breaks
to get more paint eases my neck muscles!!

I would also like to say the advert is a load of rubbish. You cannot
paint a room as quick as that. You still need to do all the cutting
in. Very misleading.

Just wish I kept the receipt to get my money back

I read somewhere that the Earlex powered roller system is much better.

Was thinking getting one of those.

Don't like normal rollers much. Pads seem to work a lot better for me
but I dislike painting that much that I'm open to any ideas!

'Rubbish' rubbish bags The Medway Handyman UK diy 10 July 29th 07 01:08 PM
Surely This Is Rubbish!! John UK diy 12 March 11th 07 01:58 PM
Rubbish chute Andy R UK diy 2 January 16th 07 01:02 PM
Rubbish Shower Martin UK diy 7 February 10th 05 09:14 PM
Is my rubbish worth anything ? Popeye UK diy 12 June 1st 04 10:29 AM