Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rubbish chute

Hi

Does anybody know of a manufacturer of small domestic waste chutes that will
allow me to dump kitchen waste through a hole in the wall straight into the
dustbin outside?

TIA

Andy R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy R" wrote in message
Hi

Does anybody know of a manufacturer of small domestic waste chutes that
will allow me to dump kitchen waste through a hole in the wall straight
into the dustbin outside?

TIA

Andy R

I did see a ready made system for this some years ago, I discounted the idea
because of the high likelihood of smell coming back in through the chute,
which with the best will in the world can't be airtight.

Mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:10:55 GMT, "mrcheerful ."
wrote:

"Andy R" wrote in message
Hi

Does anybody know of a manufacturer of small domestic waste chutes that
will allow me to dump kitchen waste through a hole in the wall straight
into the dustbin outside?

TIA

Andy R

I did see a ready made system for this some years ago, I discounted the idea
because of the high likelihood of smell coming back in through the chute,
which with the best will in the world can't be airtight.

Mrcheerful

And will get dirty and nasty. And think of the drafts. And if you had
one for rubbish, should you have one for compostables, recycling stuff
etc?

--
Free Christmas Cards
http://www.christmasfreebies.co.uk/christmas-cards.htm

Rubbish Getting In To Emulsion Tubs Stuart UK diy 8 May 3rd 06 02:59 PM
Rubbish disposal, government regs and local councils lynd UK diy 57 December 20th 05 10:36 PM
Burning rubbish in the backyard? [email protected] UK diy 20 December 18th 05 07:31 PM
Rubbish Shower Martin UK diy 7 February 10th 05 10:14 PM
Is my rubbish worth anything ? Popeye UK diy 12 June 1st 04 11:29 AM