Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble Dryer Vent Locations

Obscure question, but I'll bet someone here can answer it... )

Our old tumble-dryer is fading, and I'm pondering replacement options. One
key factor is that it vents from the bottom of the rear panel, approx
centrally. I don't want to buy a new one and then find it vents at top
left or whatever.

So does anyone (kitchen fitters maybe?) know of a source for dryer outlet
dimensions? Anything to avoid walking round Comet with a notepad, fending
off commission-hungry yellowshirts...

TIA!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
Obscure question, but I'll bet someone here can answer it... )

Our old tumble-dryer is fading, and I'm pondering replacement options. One
key factor is that it vents from the bottom of the rear panel, approx
centrally. I don't want to buy a new one and then find it vents at top
left or whatever.

So does anyone (kitchen fitters maybe?) know of a source for dryer outlet
dimensions? Anything to avoid walking round Comet with a notepad, fending
off commission-hungry yellowshirts...

TIA!

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....=Clothes_Dryer

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
Steve Walker wrote:
Obscure question, but I'll bet someone here can answer it... )

Our old tumble-dryer is fading, and I'm pondering replacement
options. One key factor is that it vents from the bottom of the
rear panel, approx centrally. I don't want to buy a new one and
then find it vents at top left or whatever.

So does anyone (kitchen fitters maybe?) know of a source for dryer
outlet dimensions? Anything to avoid walking round Comet with a
notepad, fending off commission-hungry yellowshirts...

TIA!

http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index....=Clothes_Dryer

Thanks. That's an interesting idea, but I think I'll stick with the trad
revolving dryer.

Any suggestions re air vent location would still be appreciated, friends.

You can get shape change adapters for the vent ducts, so the machine can
still be pushed right back without the hose getting in the way. A round to
flat rectangular box shape will fit dryers with the outlet anywhere on the
back side or front, and still allow the round the flexible duct to be put
out the hole in the wall.

Something like this
http://www.espares.co.uk/product.asp...LAID=143042992 Would do the job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BigWallop wrote:
You can get shape change adapters for the vent ducts, so the machine
can
still be pushed right back without the hose getting in the way. A
round to
flat rectangular box shape will fit dryers with the outlet anywhere
on the
back side or front, and still allow the round the flexible duct to be
put
out the hole in the wall.

Something like this
http://www.espares.co.uk/product.asp...LAID=143042992
Would do the job.

Ah, that would do it - and £20 isn't unreasonable for a quick, neat
solution.

Thanks BW.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:

Obscure question, but I'll bet someone here can answer it... )

Our old tumble-dryer is fading, and I'm pondering replacement options. One
key factor is that it vents from the bottom of the rear panel, approx
centrally. I don't want to buy a new one and then find it vents at top
left or whatever.

So does anyone (kitchen fitters maybe?) know of a source for dryer outlet
dimensions? Anything to avoid walking round Comet with a notepad, fending
off commission-hungry yellowshirts...

TIA!

There are of course exceptions but by far the majority are of a common
design in which the vent comes out at the back left as viewed from the
front. It's a bit like cars - they mostly all have a wheel in each
corner etc. If you think about how you'd design one you'll quickly
see that there really aren't very many options.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Calvin wrote:

There are of course exceptions but by far the majority are of a common
design in which the vent comes out at the back left as viewed from the
front. It's a bit like cars - they mostly all have a wheel in each
corner etc. If you think about how you'd design one you'll quickly
see that there really aren't very many options.

Many old ones used to have the hose coming out of the door. Ours had a
choice of outlets, including front - which was convenient as it was
opposite an outside wall, and we trailed the hose across when in use.

Got fed up though, and when it died bought a heat-pump condenser model.
Dries the clothes *and* warms the house!

Andy

Filling Tumble Dryer Vent AJ UK diy 3 December 3rd 08 10:35 PM
Tumble dryer - vent kit/indoor condensor vs condensor tumble dryer? Scott UK diy 0 October 20th 08 08:10 AM
Tumble Dryer Vent Zen83237 UK diy 9 June 1st 08 08:39 PM
Tumble Dryer Condenser Vent Kit handy-andy UK diy 9 October 2nd 06 10:40 AM
Tumble dryer vent Dave UK diy 2 May 24th 05 02:11 PM