Posted to uk.d-i-y
Calvin Calvin is offline

Default Tumble Dryer Vent Locations

Steve Walker wrote:

Obscure question, but I'll bet someone here can answer it... )

Our old tumble-dryer is fading, and I'm pondering replacement options. One
key factor is that it vents from the bottom of the rear panel, approx
centrally. I don't want to buy a new one and then find it vents at top
left or whatever.

So does anyone (kitchen fitters maybe?) know of a source for dryer outlet
dimensions? Anything to avoid walking round Comet with a notepad, fending
off commission-hungry yellowshirts...

TIA!

There are of course exceptions but by far the majority are of a common
design in which the vent comes out at the back left as viewed from the
front. It's a bit like cars - they mostly all have a wheel in each
corner etc. If you think about how you'd design one you'll quickly
see that there really aren't very many options.