Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJ AJ is offline

Default Filling Tumble Dryer Vent

Hi Folks

I need to fill an old what I assume is a tumble dryer vent. the hole
goes all the way through a brick and stone wall. The hole is about
8inches in diameter and lets a lot of cold air in! What's the best way
to fill this, sand and cement? I heard that stuffing newspaper in and
then cement would work ok?

Cheers

AJ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

AJ wrote:
Hi Folks

I need to fill an old what I assume is a tumble dryer vent. the hole
goes all the way through a brick and stone wall. The hole is about
8inches in diameter and lets a lot of cold air in! What's the best way
to fill this, sand and cement? I heard that stuffing newspaper in and
then cement would work ok?

Cheers

AJ

Expanding PU foam then render?
--
Reentrant

Posted to uk.d-i-y

AJ wrote:
Hi Folks

I need to fill an old what I assume is a tumble dryer vent. the hole
goes all the way through a brick and stone wall. The hole is about
8inches in diameter and lets a lot of cold air in! What's the best way
to fill this, sand and cement? I heard that stuffing newspaper in and
then cement would work ok?

Assuming its not a cavity wall, e.g a gap between inner & outer wall, then
Expanding Foam is your best bet http://tinyurl.com/67zj8t

Once completely dry/cured it can be cut flush with the wall & painted.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
AJ AJ is offline

On 3 Dec, 21:08, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
AJ wrote:
Hi Folks

I need to fill an old what I assume is a tumble dryer vent. the hole
goes all the way through a brick and stone wall. The hole is about
8inches in diameter and lets a lot of cold air in! What's the best way
to fill this, sand and cement? I heard that stuffing newspaper in and
then cement would work ok?

Assuming its not a cavity wall, e.g a gap between inner & outer wall, then
Expanding Foam is your best bethttp://tinyurl.com/67zj8t

Once completely dry/cured it can be cut flush with the wall & painted.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Great thanks all, expanding foam it is then

Cheers

AJ

Tumble dryer - vent kit/indoor condensor vs condensor tumble dryer? Scott UK diy 0 October 20th 08 08:10 AM
Tumble Dryer Vent Zen83237 UK diy 9 June 1st 08 08:39 PM
Vented tumble dryer with vent on right rather than at back - does it exist? [email protected] UK diy 4 December 7th 06 11:21 AM
Tumble Dryer Condenser Vent Kit handy-andy UK diy 9 October 2nd 06 10:40 AM
Tumble dryer vent Dave UK diy 2 May 24th 05 02:11 PM