Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bidet - which way to you face?

"Keith" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
"Peter Johnson" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:42:25 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I didn't think anyone actually used one. Aren't they just for show -

impress the neighbours?
One of my sisters has a house supplied with bidet. When I visited a
few years ago it, the bidet, was covered in dust.

Could be a lot worse !!!!
Dave

Yes, we ripped ours out after a visitor's young daughter used the
'girls toilet', leaving a surprisingly large deposit, which she tried to
flush away by turning on the hot tap. We discovered her mistake shortly
after when the downstairs ceiling collapsed. Plasterboard and hot water
don't mix.

Keith

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-11-11, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
Peter Scott wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Lobster wrote:

left hand for bottom washing, right hand for eating?

Hence cack-handed.

I wonder if that is the origin? It makes sense. Do you know or are
you guessing?

It seems to be http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-cac1.htm

This is the web site of Michael Quinion, an authority on such
things. If you have an interest in words its well worth signing up
for his weekly digest. Saturday morning, 2 boiled eggs, world wide
words - sorted.

Fascinating. Thank you. As a "part American" with a fascination for
words, that site is going to waste many happy hours.

Subscribe to the digest. You might also like
http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
Huge wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In%C3%A9s_Ram%C3%ADrez
Possibly not for the delicate of stomach; "Ines Ramírez Pérez is a

peasant woman
living in rural Mexico. She speaks Zapotec and some Spanish. She had no

medical
training, but nevertheless performed a successful Caesarean section on

herself:
both she and her baby survived."

Very impressive I'm sure, but can she build argos flatpack?

Owain

It seems she is even more impressive when you think she made the cuts with a
broken bottle. But I'd still like to see her with a posi-drive in her hand
and an MFI Chest of Drawers unit to build. :-)

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...037758224.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Keith
saying something like:

Yes, we ripped ours out after a visitor's young daughter used the
'girls toilet', leaving a surprisingly large deposit, which she tried to
flush away by turning on the hot tap. We discovered her mistake shortly
after when the downstairs ceiling collapsed. Plasterboard and hot water
don't mix.

I shouldn't laugh at another's misfortune, but that's what a lot of
humour is, so I'm going to anyway.

back to wall bidet blackbat UK diy 17 February 20th 17 05:42 PM
bidet problem Solomon Home Repair 16 January 24th 14 03:13 AM
Bidet installation dean Home Repair 22 February 16th 06 01:22 PM
Installing a bidet [email protected] Home Repair 8 November 1st 05 03:51 PM
Plumbing a bidet Peter Taylor UK diy 22 March 17th 04 09:38 AM