Default Installing a bidet

My wife went to Europe and now she wants a bidet. I googled it but I
wondered about others experiences with different brands and types. Some
squirt from underneath, others from the back. There are also some that
are add-ons to a toilet. Advice, no jokesters please, go back to the
3rd grade.-Jitney

Dr. Hardcrab

wrote

My wife went to Europe and now she wants a bidet. I googled it but I
wondered about others experiences with different brands and types. Some
squirt from underneath, others from the back. There are also some that
are add-ons to a toilet. Advice, no jokesters please, go back to the
3rd grade.-Jitney

What kind of advice? Have one in my house that is now 27 years old, works
fine (squirts from the bottom), but is used more as a magazine rack than a
bidet....

William Brown

I didn't have a lot of room for a stand-alone bidet, so I got one of the
models that replaces the toilet seat. It works well. The only problem
was finding a model that fit my toilet (I ended up with a Toto), and
getting electricity to it. The cord is short and apparently few
bathrooms have an electric outlet by the toilet. I thought it would be
easier to put in an electric outlet than all the plumbing needed for a
stand-alone model.

wrote:
My wife went to Europe and now she wants a bidet. I googled it but I
wondered about others experiences with different brands and types. Some
squirt from underneath, others from the back. There are also some that
are add-ons to a toilet. Advice, no jokesters please, go back to the
3rd grade.-Jitney

i got an american standard bidet from plumbing express back in 98.
it has spray straight up and rim flush.i feel i made a good choice and i
and women have been happy with it.you can spray for a quick clean, or
fill it up with water for a good wash, and then when your done the rim
flush cleans it . the handle on/off diverter valve were about as much as
the bidet,ceramc valve but life time warranty from american standard.
its about like hooking up a sink ,but the j trap is under the floor.
lucas

Oscar_Lives

wrote in message
oups.com...
My wife went to Europe and now she wants a bidet. I googled it but I
wondered about others experiences with different brands and types. Some
squirt from underneath, others from the back. There are also some that
are add-ons to a toilet. Advice, no jokesters please, go back to the
3rd grade.-Jitney

Hook it up to the hot water line and watch her jump!

Thanks for sparing the jokes, one out of seven isn't bad. But yours
brings up the issue of temp control, some models offer the hot/cold
user adjust arrangement, but a steady warm seems best to me. More
advice? Thanks for the posts so far.-Jitney

wrote:But yours brings up the issue of temp control, some models offer
the hot/cold user adjust arrangement, but a steady warm seems best to
me. More advice?
pretty quick where to set the hot cold handles. get it warm before you
turn on the spray.its not a problem at all. i know most americans think
bidets are a waste of money, they are a very nice luxury i guess, but
women lovem and i got the cleanest @ss in town after my morning dump.
being clean is comfortable.most guys that think they are a waste dont
have one or never used one. its also very relaxing to get that warm
spray going...lucas