Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q - grr

I wanted a small amount of plasterboard to fill in the holes left by some
downlighters I've moved. Normally I get such things from Wicks - but I
didn't want a full sheet and I'd seen small - about 2x4' sheets - in B&Q.

So killed two birds with a trip to the tip followed by B&Q which is
opposite.

Got the board which had no barcode so can't use the self service and
queue up. To get a confused assistant since there's no barcode. Rather
than look it up he asked around and eventually one guy gave him a code.
3.98. Thought that was high and queried it. No - it was correct. With a
queue behind me I paid up - but went back to check the price on the
shelf. 2.48. Went back to complain. Told I'd have to go to the refund
section. Go there and queue up. Four assistants dealing with one person.
Eventually one of them serves me. Wanted to just take the goods back and
give me a refund. Not much use - as I'd have to go through the whole thing
again. Then she left me to go back to helping the other three with that
single customer...

So I'm 1.50 out of pocket. Think I now know why so many steal from them.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
[...]

The moral of the story is...
Grab the pieces of PB outta the skip when you see em,come in handy for small
repairs. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food pouches
"buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took another 8 for free.
The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The cashier asked me to go to the
service desk, within 5 minutes I had my money refunded and an apology.

A confused assistant in B&Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try any of the 2 open aisles (28 are closed) to find one. You are then onto
a 50/50 chance of dropping on a confused assistant. The proper staff are not
allowed near a till.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food pouches
"buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took another 8 for free.
The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The cashier asked me to go to the
service desk, within 5 minutes I had my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of customers
following you?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan wrote:
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food
pouches "buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took
another 8 for free. The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The
cashier asked me to go to the service desk, within 5 minutes I had
my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of
customers following you?

Alan,

Why would they do that? Presumably the BOGOF clearly said "buy one get one
free" so he could quite legitmately have bought half the stock on the shelf
and got the other half free (notwithstanding the Invitation to Treat proviso
that the store could used to prevent that situation).

I would suggest that either the computer had not been programmed for the
BOGOF or the BOGOF itself was wrongly labelled for that product (and ASDA
has procedured for situations like that to keep the customer happy).

I'll pop over to my local Asda tomorrow to see if that offer applies there -
and if it does, pick up a few packets for my tiger (sorry cat, but the damn
thing tears lumps out of me). :-)

Tanner-'op

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tanner-'op wrote:
Alan wrote:
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

[...]

Ignore that last post - I misread your reply to Adam. That what 40 years of
married life does to a man. :-(

Tanner-'op

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George wrote:
Grab the pieces of PB outta the skip when you see em,come in handy for
small repairs. :-)

Absolutely - and I took a detour when out with the dog this morning. Not a
skip anywhere.

--
*Money isn‘t everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
Grab the pieces of PB outta the skip when you see em,come in handy for
small repairs. :-)

Absolutely - and I took a detour when out with the dog this morning. Not a
skip anywhere.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Do you normally skip when out and about with the dog? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan" wrote in message
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food

pouches
"buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took another 8 for free.
The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The cashier asked me to go to the
service desk, within 5 minutes I had my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of customers
following you?

Yes, they removed the BOGOF signs from the cat food.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:06:02 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

[...]

You wouldn't be able to do that before 7am. Their "service desk"
doesn't keep the same hours as the (24-hour) store.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"Alan" wrote in message
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food

pouches
"buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took another 8 for free.
The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The cashier asked me to go to the
service desk, within 5 minutes I had my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of customers
following you?

Yes, they removed the BOGOF signs from the cat food.

Did they give you your 2quid credit on a gift card for their error,
that's standard practice at my local one. Fair compensation for the
inconvenience & the department where the error is gets it in the neck
for costing the company money.

Did the cat turn its nose up as it wasn't full price (they know you know
.. . . )
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"Alan" wrote in message
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

[...]

. . . )
--
fred

No £2 compensation. The error was due to the fact that the special offer
that was displayed on the shelf should have been removed 24 hours earlier.

Of course the cats know. And if they do not eat it they will get tinned Aldi
stuff to refuse instead!

I also phoned "Felix/Purina" last year to complain about a number of pouches
that had swelled up and were about to burst. Again I got a positive
response. Not only was it a freephone number, the person at the other end
simply took the best before date and another code no. from the box asked how
many pouches were faulty and I received £8 of vouchers.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , ARWadsworth
writes

Did they give you your 2quid credit on a gift card for their error,
that's standard practice at my local one. Fair compensation for the
inconvenience & the department where the error is gets it in the neck
for costing the company money.

No £2 compensation. The error was due to the fact that the special offer
that was displayed on the shelf should have been removed 24 hours earlier.

That's usually enough at my local place, one of the reasons I use them.
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Tanner-'op" typed:
Alan wrote:
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

[...]

Surely they can legitimately deny you 8 free ones? 8 is not equal to 1.

"Buy one get one free" is exactly that. ONE. As soon as you buy two you're
no longer buying one...
--
Shaun.