Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default B&Q - grr

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

"Alan" wrote in message
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food

pouches
"buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took another 8 for

free.
The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The cashier asked me to go to

the
service desk, within 5 minutes I had my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of

customers
following you?

Yes, they removed the BOGOF signs from the cat food.

Did they give you your 2quid credit on a gift card for their error,
that's standard practice at my local one. Fair compensation for the
inconvenience & the department where the error is gets it in the neck
for costing the company money.

Did the cat turn its nose up as it wasn't full price (they know you know
. . . )
--
fred

No £2 compensation. The error was due to the fact that the special offer
that was displayed on the shelf should have been removed 24 hours earlier.

Of course the cats know. And if they do not eat it they will get tinned Aldi
stuff to refuse instead!

I also phoned "Felix/Purina" last year to complain about a number of pouches
that had swelled up and were about to burst. Again I got a positive
response. Not only was it a freephone number, the person at the other end
simply took the best before date and another code no. from the box asked how
many pouches were faulty and I received £8 of vouchers.

Adam