Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tanner-'op Tanner-'op is offline

Default B&Q - grr

Alan wrote:
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food
pouches "buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took
another 8 for free. The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The
cashier asked me to go to the service desk, within 5 minutes I had
my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of
customers following you?

Alan,

Why would they do that? Presumably the BOGOF clearly said "buy one get one
free" so he could quite legitmately have bought half the stock on the shelf
and got the other half free (notwithstanding the Invitation to Treat proviso
that the store could used to prevent that situation).

I would suggest that either the computer had not been programmed for the
BOGOF or the BOGOF itself was wrongly labelled for that product (and ASDA
has procedured for situations like that to keep the customer happy).

I'll pop over to my local Asda tomorrow to see if that offer applies there -
and if it does, pick up a few packets for my tiger (sorry cat, but the damn
thing tears lumps out of me). :-)

Tanner-'op