Posted to uk.d-i-y
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default B&Q - grr

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "Tanner-'op" typed:
Alan wrote:
In message ,
ARWadsworth wrote

I had very pleasant experience at ASDA the other day. Felix cat food
pouches "buy one get one free" so I bought 8 packets and took
another 8 for free. The checkout did not give me the BOGOF. The
cashier asked me to go to the service desk, within 5 minutes I had
my money refunded and an apology.

But did they correct the till system for the other hundreds of
customers following you?

Alan,

Why would they do that? Presumably the BOGOF clearly said "buy one
get one free" so he could quite legitmately have bought half the
stock on the shelf and got the other half free (notwithstanding the
Invitation to Treat proviso that the store could used to prevent that
situation).
I would suggest that either the computer had not been programmed for
the BOGOF or the BOGOF itself was wrongly labelled for that product
(and ASDA has procedured for situations like that to keep the
customer happy).
I'll pop over to my local Asda tomorrow to see if that offer applies
there - and if it does, pick up a few packets for my tiger (sorry
cat, but the damn thing tears lumps out of me). :-)

Tanner-'op

Surely they can legitimately deny you 8 free ones? 8 is not equal to 1.

"Buy one get one free" is exactly that. ONE. As soon as you buy two you're
no longer buying one...
--
Shaun.