Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q - grr

I wanted a small amount of plasterboard to fill in the holes left by some
downlighters I've moved. Normally I get such things from Wicks - but I
didn't want a full sheet and I'd seen small - about 2x4' sheets - in B&Q.

So killed two birds with a trip to the tip followed by B&Q which is
opposite.

Got the board which had no barcode so can't use the self service and
queue up. To get a confused assistant since there's no barcode. Rather
than look it up he asked around and eventually one guy gave him a code.
3.98. Thought that was high and queried it. No - it was correct. With a
queue behind me I paid up - but went back to check the price on the
shelf. 2.48. Went back to complain. Told I'd have to go to the refund
section. Go there and queue up. Four assistants dealing with one person.
Eventually one of them serves me. Wanted to just take the goods back and
give me a refund. Not much use - as I'd have to go through the whole thing
again. Then she left me to go back to helping the other three with that
single customer...

So I'm 1.50 out of pocket. Think I now know why so many steal from them.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.