Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bathroom progress

heres the progress so far... as you can see one wall is boxed in fully
along the end of the bath to conceal the shower fittings and this
makes the bath fit against the other wall, where there was a wood
'shelf' before

kind of regret buying a cheap bathroom suite from b and q now i
realise i could have got a vanity unit from wickes for £99 , or with a
toilet as well for £149 then just the bath to add on. also wondered
whether i should have got a back to wall toilet and got the matching
wc cabinet from wickes...

the substitute is the boxing in to create a shelf... though i'm still
not that sold on it.. my dad likes boxing things in!! the walls
around the bath will be tiled and possibly the boxed area behind the
sink and wc.

i just wondered what you think of the progress and any suggestions you
might have.. i'm still prepared to pay a bit more to get a better end
result, and not worried about having to sell spare parts...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=300tvnd&s=4

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29kp6cy&s=4

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xnzrsp&s=4

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mfxmx2&s=4
Posted to uk.d-i-y

what do you reckon guys before we do some more work at the weekend

somebody on another forum suggested the boxing was a waste of space.
there are 2 problems though which made boxing seem a good idea.. 1.
hiding the pipes along the bottom and 2. the soil pipe comes in the
room from the side so with a modern toilet we are not sure if it would
go all the way back to the wall. the old toilet was ok but it was a
low level one with seperate cistern.
reasons against the boxing is getting access behind the shower
fittings, and like you said the boxing kind of imposes itself a bit on
the room and it is a small bathroom. hmm... decisions!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

just before we continue work tomorrow thought id post a few more pics
and see if anyones out there to give their advice....
i included 2 pics from outside the door to give an idea of size, one
pic of the pipes along the bottom (was more from shower originally but
took them off bath instead-the original idea of boxing was to hide
pipes but there arent so many now), the other pic is the area behind
the toilet which the wall is damaged a bit, the plasterer did as far
down as he could and i painted a mist coat down to that level. so what
do you reckon.. leave it as it is? box in lower just to cover pipes?
dont box at all? i'm happy with the shower boxing but find the rest
of it imposes a bit on the room, i know it will make a shelf but that
doesnt bother me as i could put a small cupboard on the wall or
something. appreicate replies!!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2nstd92&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2co56df&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29ooj7n&s=4
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2aethef&s=4

Progress report X 2 SteveB Metalworking 17 August 16th 08 06:59 AM
work in progress again Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 0 March 14th 08 11:29 PM
Bed progress Stoutman Woodworking 25 February 20th 07 04:09 PM
Work in Progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 4 January 5th 07 11:27 PM
work in progress Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 0 January 1st 07 12:01 AM