Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help with cooker fault

My daughter's partner has a Electrolux Premier oven and a separate hob. The
oven is not working.

Apparently it is fed from one cooker control unit - along with the hob. This
makes me wonder if there might be some fused distribution link somewhere at
the back that might have failed. --- or would the electrician have taken 2
tails from the oven and hob respectively and put these into the cooker
control switch?

The installation is 'builder's original' from about 10 years ago.

The clock isn't working - it seems a total failure. Normally the clock needs
to be set after a power-cut in order to make the oven operate. Currently the
clock will is in darkness.

Any thoughts on what I might be up against if I haul myself 12 miles north
to take a look?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
cj cj is offline

Hi
First check the timer on the oven some ovens have an on/off switch built
into the timer control.If it has knurled control rods to set the clock try
pushing them in.
As for wiring both together you say 'Apparently' if so then check the
connections at the cooker unit (it goes without saying Turn off the mains
first).
This however is not the norm most single ovens are less than 3kw total so
can be fed from a 13a fused spur (or dare I say socket).
I recall various house builders in the late 90's specifying a separate oven
feed on their premier properties and also separate gas connections for split
oven & hobs.
Either way first check to see if any breakers are out then check fused spurs
near the oven & the cooker unit before removing the oven.
Others on group may have more ideas or know the specified appliance.
HTH
CJ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"cj" wrote in message
[...]

For some reason I couldn't see my original note - but could on Google - so I
replied there. I spoke to my daughter and she found a switched spur in the
adjacent cupboard - the switch had been knocked off.

immersion heater fault or economy heater fault bigbadbade UK diy 2 January 25th 07 07:50 PM
gas cooker David Lang UK diy 6 May 30th 05 11:45 PM
Gas cooker cut-off ? Ziggy UK diy 8 September 13th 04 10:13 AM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM
Cooker Socket over Cooker? Neil UK diy 8 July 20th 03 10:28 PM