Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default painting brickwork before plastering?

painting brickwork before plastering?

There's a crumbly brick wall in my kitchen and other rooms
so I'm planning on giving it a quick brush down
then painting it with mortar paint.

But in a year's time when I've fixed the roof and ceilings etc
I will want to have it plastered or drywalled-
will i be making problems for myself by painting it,
is there anything i should do to make it easier?

the wall is uneven where the lime mortar has crumbled...

thanks

--

[george]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George (dicegeorge)" wrote in message
painting brickwork before plastering?

Thats fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 19, 3:01*pm, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:
painting brickwork before plastering?

There's a crumbly brick wall in my kitchen *and other rooms
so I'm planning on giving it a quick brush down
then painting it with mortar paint.

But in a year's time when I've fixed the roof and ceilings etc
I will want to have it plastered or drywalled-
will i be making problems for myself by painting it,
is there anything i should do to make it easier?

the wall is uneven where the lime mortar has crumbled...

thanks

or you could paint it with lime.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

meow wrote:
or you could paint it with lime.

why?
because its porous?
its an internal wall,
so maybe if i leave one side porous in case of moisture from above,
and paint the other side with masonary paint?
is that a good idea?

--

[george]

~
~ ~

wrote:
painting brickwork before plastering?

There's a crumbly brick wall in my kitchen and other rooms
so I'm planning on giving it a quick brush down
then painting it with mortar paint.

But in a year's time when I've fixed the roof and ceilings etc
I will want to have it plastered or drywalled-
will i be making problems for myself by painting it,
is there anything i should do to make it easier?

the wall is uneven where the lime mortar has crumbled...

thanks

or you could paint it with lime.

Pointing Old Brickwork Edward W. Thompson UK diy 17 March 29th 08 02:20 PM
Brickwork Frank Erskine UK diy 3 July 24th 05 05:56 PM
Drywalling?! Painting & Plastering!?? Jacob Moore Home Repair 2 May 6th 05 11:00 PM
Wall preparation before plastering + painting David Hearn UK diy 1 September 29th 03 11:50 AM
plastering over crumbling brickwork Ken Hurcomb UK diy 2 August 30th 03 01:06 PM