DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   painting brickwork before plastering? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/255875-painting-brickwork-before-plastering.html)

George \(dicegeorge\) July 19th 08 03:01 PM

painting brickwork before plastering?

There's a crumbly brick wall in my kitchen and other rooms
so I'm planning on giving it a quick brush down
then painting it with mortar paint.

But in a year's time when I've fixed the roof and ceilings etc
I will want to have it plastered or drywalled-
will i be making problems for myself by painting it,
is there anything i should do to make it easier?

the wall is uneven where the lime mortar has crumbled...

thanks

--

[george]

George July 19th 08 03:28 PM

"George (dicegeorge)" wrote in message
painting brickwork before plastering?

Thats fine.

[email protected] July 19th 08 03:49 PM

painting brickwork before plastering?

On Jul 19, 3:01*pm, "George \(dicegeorge\)"
wrote:
painting brickwork before plastering?

There's a crumbly brick wall in my kitchen *and other rooms
so I'm planning on giving it a quick brush down
then painting it with mortar paint.

But in a year's time when I've fixed the roof and ceilings etc
I will want to have it plastered or drywalled-
will i be making problems for myself by painting it,
is there anything i should do to make it easier?

the wall is uneven where the lime mortar has crumbled...

thanks

or you could paint it with lime.

George \(dicegeorge\) July 19th 08 11:00 PM

meow wrote:
or you could paint it with lime.

why?
because its porous?
its an internal wall,
so maybe if i leave one side porous in case of moisture from above,
and paint the other side with masonary paint?
is that a good idea?

--

[george]

~