Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Regular visitor to USA?

I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-21 14:46:46 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It

won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

How quickly do you need it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-21 14:46:46 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It

won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

How quickly do you need it?

No rush at all, just want to increase my knowledge.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-21 14:46:46 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It

won't

let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

How quickly do you need it?

... and do you need that specific one? There are others around. Do
you want this as a quick way to put together designs to show to the
punters, or for working out materials for a given layout or...?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-21 14:46:46 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It

won't

let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for
me? Payment in cash of course.

How quickly do you need it?

.. and do you need that specific one? There are others around. Do you
want this as a quick way to put together designs to show to the
punters, or for working out materials for a given layout or...?

I'm basically attracted to anything that tells me something I didn't know.
The ability to do drawings for customers would be good, I've never found a
CAD program I could actually understand how to use. Materials are less
important, Excel is my friend :-)

Which others are about then?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2008-06-21 15:07:00 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2008-06-21 14:46:46 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

[...]

There's a few low cost (= ~ $70) discussed here.

http://www.home-improvement-and-fina...-software.html

and here

http://landscaping-software-review.toptenreviews.com

I've played with a couple of them in the past (one of the Imsi ones and
one of the Punch ones) and they are reasonably OK. Punch has a
variety of products and you can put the deck into context in the garden
if you want. Also, their products are downloadable if you want.

There are two things to watch with U.S. landscape type products:

- The plants are often of types not used here because of different climate

- Materials dimensions are not the same

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

Get Deck Designer for free from a torrent site:
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=deck+designer

If you don't know how to download torrents read this
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/...handbook_4.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

You've got to give them a large deposit first Dave!!

I just couldn't resist that, honest LOL

You could try looking on Amazon.co.uk for other applications:
http://tinyurl.com/5hz9z9

Or

Amazon.com (stateside)

http://tinyurl.com/5r8b4l

You may find something that may suit you

Tanner-'op

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Angela wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

Get Deck Designer for free from a torrent site:
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=deck+designer

If you don't know how to download torrents read this
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/...handbook_4.htm

Sounds really scary.....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:30:24 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Sounds really scary.....

Not really. Download & install Azareus for free (there are others), google
for "whatever you are looking for torrent" to find a site that has got
the torrent[1][2], click on the link, tell your browser to open it with
azareus, tell azareus where to save the file to, wait for it to download.
Not much different from using other 3rd-party download managers.

[1] except the site with the .torrent file doesn't actually have the file
you're trying to download, only a pointer to everyone else who's got it
who will let you have a bit of theirs, which your torrent client puts
together to make the whole. Since it's a cooperative effort it's etiquette
to leave your torrent client (azareus/whatever) running until your 'share
ratio' is up to where you've given back to others as much as you got. I
stop sharing when I've got to a ratio of 2, though some torrents never get
above about 0.5.

[2] look for a torrent that's got the highest number of 'seeders'
(people who've got the whole file) as well as 'leachers' (people like you
who are downloading bits but haven't got it all yet).

--
John Stumbles

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Angela wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message m...
I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

Get Deck Designer for free from a torrent site:
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=deck+designer

If you don't know how to download torrents read this
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/...handbook_4.htm

Sounds really scary.....

A pal of mine uses this method and advocates setting up a separate PC
(old one will do) with absolutely no personal info on it and just the
minimum software needed to run bit torrent. He also keeps a Norton ghost
image of that disc in a safe place. In that way if you do get a dose of
virus, recovery is easy and there is no risk to your personal info and
main computer.
Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Angela wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote

I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

Get Deck Designer for free from a torrent site:
http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=deck+designer

Using stolen software for business purposes possibly not recommended.

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to get a copy of Home Depots Deck Designer Software
http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec...= &CACHE_ID=0

It won't let me buy it cos I'm not in the USA!

Any regular visitors to the USA here who could pick up a copy for me?
Payment in cash of course.

is this a pick up at Home Base or can it be ordered on-line ? ... if the
latter, I have someone bringing me some stuff back in 3 weeks time .... let
me know if you need it added to the list