Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Value carpet tiles

Avoid these like the plague!

Fitted some in a kitchen for an OAP customer today, found the centre line of
the room both ways, marked a cross, put down the first 4 tiles.

Couldn't get the edges to align squarely, though I was cracking up - until I
measured the diagonals of the tiles - 8mm difference on each tile.
Completely out of square.

Tried another box, all the same. Consistent anyway.

I don't expect a carpet tile to be perfect, but these where completely
****ed.

Careful use of several new knife blades & a roll of heavy duty double sided
carpet tape & I got the job done.

I'll never lay the bloody things again!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Avoid these like the plague!

Fitted some in a kitchen for an OAP customer today, found the centre line
of the room both ways, marked a cross, put down the first 4 tiles.

Couldn't get the edges to align squarely, though I was cracking up - until
I measured the diagonals of the tiles - 8mm difference on each tile.
Completely out of square.

Tried another box, all the same. Consistent anyway.

I don't expect a carpet tile to be perfect, but these where completely
****ed.

Careful use of several new knife blades & a roll of heavy duty double
sided carpet tape & I got the job done.

I'll never lay the bloody things again!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

ridiculous. Modern production methods shouldn't allow such errors. I would
have rejected them as unfit for purpose as it is custom and practice to be
able to lay them straight and square.

Joining carpet 2 carpet & carpet 2 tiles JoeJoe UK diy 1 September 1st 06 07:24 AM
Kitchen Carpet tiles mo UK diy 22 July 31st 06 12:07 PM
Carpet tiles, 'brilliant' ;-) T i m UK diy 10 May 4th 06 10:54 PM
carpet tiles J.Lef Home Repair 3 July 24th 05 12:30 AM
Carpet tiles over carpet sPoNiX UK diy 5 April 20th 04 09:36 AM