J.Lef

Default carpet tiles

Will be moving in two years or less, and really need some new carpeting
in extra large living room, (35 feet by 25 feet). I live in a rented unit.
I was thinking about using carpet tiles, with the idea of taking them
along with me when I relocate.
Anyone have any experience removing carpet tiles, and relocating them?
They will be installed after removing existing carpeting which is over
wooden floor.
I would probably buy an initial extra quantity of them, to insure a
proper new fit.

Thanks

Greetings,

I do not have experience moving carpet tiles but I do moving carpet. A
room of the size suggested will have several pieces seamed together.
You can cut the pieces and seam them together again with possibly less
expense than carpet tiles. If you decide to go with this option you
will lose some carpet due to support posts. Try to have each support
post in the middle of a seam when you initially lay the carpet.

Hope this helps,
William

Pop

"J.Lef" wrote in message
Will be moving in two years or less, and really
need some new carpeting in extra large living room,
(35 feet by 25 feet). I live in a rented unit.
I was thinking about using carpet tiles, with the
idea of taking them along with me when I relocate.
Anyone have any experience removing carpet
tiles, and relocating them? They will be installed
after removing existing carpeting which is over
wooden floor.
I would probably buy an initial extra quantity of
them, to insure a proper new fit.

Thanks

My own experience with carpet tiles wasn't so great and
their looks were only "decent", nothing to write home
about. The adhesive began to separate in hot, humid
weather and when we removed them (they were a "fringe"
pattern around the whole room, with a good carpet in
the center so it was a 2 foot border), some of them
were hardly stuck, others left a mess behind of
adhesive that was tough to remove. Most of them got
little traffic except at the doorways, or back legs of
sofa and chairs, but they didn't stay put that well.

I'm sure ymmv, but it's worth doing some research on,
IMO. Since I don't recall the brand or anything, this
isn't a very good reference, I know, but it's my two
cents, fer what it's worth.

Pop

wayne

Where I work we use large 2' square and 18' carpet tiles they have a
patter and are fairly short they work out really well and we do not
glue them down at all the new ones have a bit of padding built into
them and work out pretty well. I may windup coasting more than get new
carpet put down since you are renting did you get the Ok to pull the
old carpet up?
When you leave there are going to be nail holes all around the edge
from the tack strip? Is the floor underneath hardwood or plywood?

This web site should answer most questions you have

http://www.interfaceflor.com

Wayne

J.Lef wrote:

Will be moving in two years or less, and really need some new
carpeting in extra large living room, (35 feet by 25 feet). I live
in a rented unit. I was thinking about using carpet tiles, with
the idea of taking them along with me when I relocate.
Anyone have any experience removing carpet tiles, and
relocating them? They will be installed after removing existing
carpeting which is over wooden floor.
I would probably buy an initial extra quantity of them, to
insure a proper new fit.

Thanks

Carpet problems, please help [email protected] Home Repair 11 January 10th 05 10:31 PM
Carpet on Cork Tiles BraileTrail UK diy 2 November 15th 04 09:00 PM
Carpet tiles over carpet sPoNiX UK diy 5 April 20th 04 09:36 AM
What to do with Wet Carpet in a house? TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 4th 04 02:17 AM
while *laying* carpet; anticipating human "cow-trails"? David Combs Home Repair 7 January 31st 04 06:33 PM