Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Older petrol cars and MPG

I have just done my first fill up on a N reg 1.6 Honda Civic and it shows a
return of 27.5 MPG. This seemed a little low to me. I am sure when I used to
drive cars of a similar age I always managed a minimum of 30 MPG and a
little more on a motorway run.

I doubt there is anything wrong with the car and maybe it is me who has got
used to a diesel van that does over 40MPG for my normal motoring.

What does anyone out there get MPG wise on their cars so I can assume things
are OK before I start looking for problems and doing un-needed DIY work on
the car?

Adam

PS The last MOT was done 2 months ago and came with the car. The fail
certificate was included and it failed on a brake light bulb (LAMP in my
opinion)

OT - petrol in diesel car Nobody UK diy 30 September 5th 07 12:25 AM
Petrol filter. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 23 July 27th 07 10:22 AM
Wow, just an egg cupfull of petrol Kev UK diy 30 August 3rd 06 11:30 AM
[OT] 99 Octane petrol vortex2 UK diy 135 May 26th 06 01:27 PM
Petrol in diesel again! Matthew Barnard UK diy 31 September 23rd 03 07:21 PM