Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT Older petrol cars and MPG

"ARWadworth" wrote in message
I have just done my first fill up on a N reg 1.6 Honda Civic and it shows
a return of 27.5 MPG. This seemed a little low to me. I am sure when I
used to drive cars of a similar age I always managed a minimum of 30 MPG
and a little more on a motorway run.

I doubt there is anything wrong with the car and maybe it is me who has
got used to a diesel van that does over 40MPG for my normal motoring.

What does anyone out there get MPG wise on their cars so I can assume
things are OK before I start looking for problems and doing un-needed DIY
work on the car?

55-60 around town.. but its a turbo diesel not petrol.