Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. - OK Firth lets sort it out.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 17:39:55 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:58:34 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:

You're getting boring now.

Oh indeed it must be so boring for someone to point to your feet of
clay.

Boring

As I said, you find it "boring" to have someone point out that you're a
hypocrite.

We seem to have developed an echo in here.

It's just the sound of a single thought banging around in your empty
skull.

I'm not going to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is so
obviously unarmed.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. uk...
Steve Firth wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Its entertaining watching you dig yourself ever deeper. You started
out with an unwarranted and unjustified rant,

No, that's simply how you wish to portray my observation that "Dave"
chooses to spam his business here.

I was determined not to bother with you anymore, but you won't go away.

This is really simple Steve. Everyone is waiting for your reply.

That's an unproived assumption.

Its a really simple question.

Why would I want to spam a national DIY group when my business is a local
handyman service?

Stop waffling & beating about the bush.

JUST ANSWER THE F*CK*NG QUESTION WILL YOU !!!

The * are for Mary's benefit :-)

Doesn't work. It's still unnecessary. Use good English, it's more
impressive.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Styx" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Si wrote:
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
JUST
This is getting tedious, Dave.

I agree Si, I have tried not to respond, but he keeps on waffling.
Please, just kill-file Mr Firth and move on.

Agreed I should, but that won't stop the ****** from posting. Hopefully
if he is forced to actually answer the question he might stop.

I suspect he won't stop even if he *does* give you an answer that you deem
satisfactory, which seems somewhat unlikely -- it appears to be in his
nature to be argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

Just kill-file him (as I'm sure more and more are going to be doing on
this group)

I did it a l - o - n - g time ago.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. ..
Steve Firth wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

JUST ANSWER THE F*CK*NG QUESTION WILL YOU !!!

How many times do I have to answer it?

And how do you know if I have answered it if you keep sticking your
fingers in your ears while screaming "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"?

Just answer the question knobhead. Why would I want to spam a national
DIY group when my business is a local
handyman service?

You haven't answered it yet.

Why would I want to spam a national DIY group when my business is a local
handyman service?

Waiting.

Oh for goodness' sake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:02:31 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

You fail to see that Firth is barking mad.

He is not mad but he does seem to have quite a bit of difficulty over
knowing what is and isn't spam.

Posts that who offer me free almost anything, porn or wish to make me
change allegiance to another deity == Spam.

Posts from newbies offering tools, materials or web sites to visit
even if purporting to be from a "diyer". == Spam

Posts from people who earn some or all of their living doing household
maintenance/development, sharing experience and knowledge,
also containing a link to their web site. == Not Spam.

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 13:59:30 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:02:31 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

You fail to see that Firth is barking mad.

He is not mad but he does seem to have quite a bit of difficulty over
knowing what is and isn't spam.

Posts that who offer me free almost anything, porn or wish to make me
change allegiance to another deity == Spam.

Posts from newbies offering tools, materials or web sites to visit even
if purporting to be from a "diyer". == Spam

Posts from people who earn some or all of their living doing household
maintenance/development, sharing experience and knowledge, also
containing a link to their web site. == Not Spam.

They are all spam, it's just that one is more subtle than the others.
Spam from someone you like is still spam, it's just that people tend to
be more reticent about saying so.

This is really about words and what they mean. The crux of the issue is
that a post whose main purpose is not advertising is not counted as Spam
by most people. However 'pure' and 'correct' your definition of Spam may
be it's how people intend, use and perceive a word that makes it what it
is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer wrote:

You're getting boring now.

He got _VERY_ boring on the 4th of this month.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:

They are all spam, it's just that one is more subtle than the others.
Spam from someone you like is still spam, it's just that people tend to
be more reticent about saying so.

Not reluctant to call a spammer a spammer at all. We just we don't share
your views on who is and is not a spammer. Ed's definition is fine by me.

You make your own mind up.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:53:24 +0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 14:02:31 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

You fail to see that Firth is barking mad.

He is not mad but he does seem to have quite a bit of difficulty over
knowing what is and isn't spam.

Posts that who offer me free almost anything, porn or wish to make me
change allegiance to another deity == Spam.

Posts from newbies offering tools, materials or web sites to visit even
if purporting to be from a "diyer". == Spam

Posts from people who earn some or all of their living doing household
maintenance/development, sharing experience and knowledge, also
containing a link to their web site. == Not Spam.

Well, you would say that, wouldn't you :-)

It leaves the door open for adding a link to my site if I wish.

Buy to lets Phil Gardner UK diy 457 December 4th 07 01:28 AM
Lets all buy from Sears ANovice Home Repair 53 November 21st 07 02:19 AM
Lets Black Out the USA fred@_______.com Home Repair 71 August 3rd 06 01:43 PM
Steve Firth RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 25th 06 11:40 AM
Lets talk joints garyhuff Woodworking 3 December 3rd 04 04:37 AM