Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Buzzing Shaver Socket

Hi All,

I have a shaver socket in my bathroom that has the electric toothbrush
charger plugged into it and after an hour or so it starts to buzz like mad.
So much so that we've had to plug the toothbrush into another socket
elsewhere. Any ideas what it could be and how to remedy it?

Cheers,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Endulini" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a shaver socket in my bathroom that has the electric toothbrush
charger plugged into it and after an hour or so it starts to buzz like
mad.
So much so that we've had to plug the toothbrush into another socket
elsewhere. Any ideas what it could be and how to remedy it?

Cheers,

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

Why replace it?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
Graham. wrote:

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

Why replace it?

Andy

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious
amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to
promote best practice.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham.
writes

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious
amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to
promote best practice.

Aerosol varnish reaches the parts others don't. This has stopped
numerous transformers buzzing over the years, normally cheap and nasty
ones found in the more "cost effective" types of equipment.
--
Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Graham.
writes

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
.. .
Graham. wrote:

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

Why replace it?

Andy

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious
amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to
promote best practice.

Aerosol Laquer and a clamp

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Champ wrote:

Why replace it?

Ah good, the buzz *is* just annoying (as I thought) and *not* a safety
issue I didn't know about.

Andy

Where is a a shaver socket powered from? Chris Styles UK diy 7 October 25th 06 11:55 PM
shaver socket with separate transformer sm_jamieson UK diy 18 October 23rd 06 10:17 PM
Shaver socket question Fred UK diy 8 February 26th 05 02:41 PM
buzzing shaver socket mike UK diy 2 December 31st 04 02:54 PM
More power from shaver socket wanted Andrew Gabriel UK diy 8 August 10th 03 04:54 PM