DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Buzzing Shaver Socket (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/217489-buzzing-shaver-socket.html)

Endulini October 14th 07 07:52 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

Hi All,

I have a shaver socket in my bathroom that has the electric toothbrush
charger plugged into it and after an hour or so it starts to buzz like mad.
So much so that we've had to plug the toothbrush into another socket
elsewhere. Any ideas what it could be and how to remedy it?

Cheers,

Graham. October 14th 07 08:16 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

"Endulini" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a shaver socket in my bathroom that has the electric toothbrush
charger plugged into it and after an hour or so it starts to buzz like
mad.
So much so that we've had to plug the toothbrush into another socket
elsewhere. Any ideas what it could be and how to remedy it?

Cheers,

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Andy Champ October 14th 07 10:41 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

Graham. wrote:

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

Why replace it?

Andy

Graham. October 14th 07 11:00 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
Graham. wrote:

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

Why replace it?

Andy

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious
amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to
promote best practice.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Bill October 14th 07 11:18 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

In message , Graham.
writes

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious
amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to
promote best practice.

Aerosol varnish reaches the parts others don't. This has stopped
numerous transformers buzzing over the years, normally cheap and nasty
ones found in the more "cost effective" types of equipment.
--
Bill

geoff October 14th 07 11:38 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

In message , Graham.
writes

"Andy Champ" wrote in message
.. .
Graham. wrote:

Transformer laminations rattling.
Replace it.

Why replace it?

Andy

OK, if it was mine I might try to damp the vibration with copious
amounts of Araldite, but when giving advice to others I like to
promote best practice.

Aerosol Laquer and a clamp

--
geoff

Andy Champ October 15th 07 08:16 PM

Buzzing Shaver Socket

Andy Champ wrote:

Why replace it?

Ah good, the buzz *is* just annoying (as I thought) and *not* a safety
issue I didn't know about.

Andy