Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch PMF180

FYI Axminster now do the blades
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-B...der-656314.htm

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:57:00 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

FYI Axminster now do the blades
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-B...der-656314.htm

Is there an echo in here ? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

FYI Axminster now do the blades
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-B...der-656314.htm

Is there an echo in here ? :-)

Probably. The shelves at Axminster are bare according to the
stocklist for these blades.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

FYI Axminster now do the blades
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-B...der-656314.htm

Is there an echo in here ? :-)

Didn't appear on either my Blueyonder or Motzarella readers so I assumed it
was lost in space.

Flakey this internet malarky innit.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg dg is offline

On 13 Sep, 21:57, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
FYI Axminster now do the bladeshttp://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Bosch-PMF-180E-All-Rounder-656314.htm

--
Dave
The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

I had convinced myself that I need this tool, but at a show today I
saw a Fein unit in use and the noise from it was quite loud and a bit
high pitched.

Is this Bosch one loud and uncomfortable in terms of noise?

Also the guy was demonstrating the Fein ones with the quick release
mechanism, but watching him, it does not seem a significant advantage
to using a spanner. I would estimate the time difference between each
type would be a few seconds, and in terms of ease, not really any
difference at all.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dg wrote:

I had convinced myself that I need this tool, but at a show today I
saw a Fein unit in use and the noise from it was quite loud and a bit
high pitched.

Is anyone aware if the pneumatic version of the Fein is available in the
UK? It's sold in the USA but I'll be damned if I can see it on the UK
website.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
FYI Axminster now do the
bladeshttp://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Bosch-PMF-180E-All-Rounder-656314.htm

I had convinced myself that I need this tool, but at a show today I
saw a Fein unit in use and the noise from it was quite loud and a bit
high pitched.

Is this Bosch one loud and uncomfortable in terms of noise?

Never heard a Fein but yes the Bosch is loud & high pitched. Having said
that mine has never been used for a long enough period to annoy me. By
which I mean it has done the job quickly.

Also the guy was demonstrating the Fein ones with the quick release
mechanism, but watching him, it does not seem a significant advantage
to using a spanner. I would estimate the time difference between each
type would be a few seconds, and in terms of ease, not really any
difference at all.

Bosch has an allen key to change blades, not found that a problem. You tend
to know which blade you need, so rapid change isn't a feature I'd need.

I'm very pleased with the Bosch, use it quite a lot, but only for short
periods.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm very pleased with the Bosch, use it quite a lot, but only for short
periods.

How does it fare as a sanding tool? Does it take the same size of delta
sanding sheets that seem to be widely available for regular delta
sanders? e.g.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-B...eets-19970.htm

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Styx wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm very pleased with the Bosch, use it quite a lot, but only for
short periods.

How does it fare as a sanding tool? Does it take the same size of
delta sanding sheets that seem to be widely available for regular
delta sanders? e.g.

I was surprised at how good a sander it is, much better than any delta
sander I have used. Yes it takes standard velco type delta sander sheets.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Styx wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm very pleased with the Bosch, use it quite a lot, but only for
short periods.

How does it fare as a sanding tool? Does it take the same size of
delta sanding sheets that seem to be widely available for regular
delta sanders? e.g.

I was surprised at how good a sander it is, much better than any delta
sander I have used. Yes it takes standard velco type delta sander sheets.

Thanks for that. Going to have to get one soon...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:02:22 -0700, dg wrote:

Also the guy was demonstrating the Fein ones with the quick release
mechanism, but watching him, it does not seem a significant advantage
to using a spanner.

It is, in that the QR version with the pins also avoids the tendency of
the saw blades to creep around slowly on the spindle. If you're using
the long narrow ones with a one-sided cut, then this can get annoying.

As far as the QR aspect goes, then it's no problem to use the Allen key
(which isn't quite a standard Allen, but an Allen is also usable)

Bosch PMF 180 The Medway Handyman UK diy 6 October 16th 07 10:40 AM
Bosch SDS [email protected] UK diy 5 April 23rd 07 06:40 AM
Bosch Jig Saw Tom Banes Woodworking 21 September 28th 05 05:48 PM
Bosch SDS John Rumm UK diy 4 March 25th 05 09:44 PM
Bosch bye-bye John Woodworking 18 December 2nd 04 04:45 AM