Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default washing m/c hot fill inefficient given long pipe runs?

To clear more space in our kitchen I'm moving the washing machine into
the lean-to. The lean-to already has a cold water supply.

I've always used hot and cold fill but I'm thinking that because the
gas-heated water comes from the hot water tank upstairs and is heated by
the boiler downstairs, the long pipe runs probably make this an
unnecessary & inefficient option given that modern washing machines use
so little water for the washing cycles anyway.

What do people think?

--
Si