Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Default Washing machine problem - no fill on one program

Hi Folks,
Just punting this problem out to the good folks on uk.d-i-y to see if
anyone has an idea
about the cause.
Servis washing machine about a couple of years old.
When we put in some dirty washing and turn the rotary dial to code four
and then switch
on the machine it just rotates the contents in an alternating
clockwise-then-anticlockwise
direction but there's no intake of water!
It kindof feels as if the water level pressure sensor has its inlet
blocked, or its microswitch
is saying "water up to level" when that is not the case.
On a different program (code three) it does take in water - the only
difference I can see
between these codes is the wash temperature.
Both water valves are open; rinsing is fine; hot intake is fine; I'm
puzzled.

Any pointers to the cause gratefully accepted - thanks in advance.

Mungo

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message . com
from "Mungo" contains these words:

It kindof feels as if the water level pressure sensor has its inlet
blocked, or its microswitch
is saying "water up to level" when that is not the case.
On a different program (code three) it does take in water - the only
difference I can see
between these codes is the wash temperature.

One is probably a cold fill - the other a hot fill.

Check there's power to each solenoid valve when you'd expect there to be
power - hot for 3, cold for 4.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Guy King wrote:

One is probably a cold fill - the other a hot fill.

Check there's power to each solenoid valve when you'd expect there to be
power - hot for 3, cold for 4.

Good idea Guy. The thing that puzzled me is that there is no delay
before the
drum starts its rotation - other machines we've owned will wait for a
couple of
minutes (to fill with water) before the "agitate" stage.

Time to get the machine out and the multimeter!

Thanks again for your kind help.

Mungo

Washing Machine with Automatic Program Selection [email protected] Home Repair 5 April 12th 06 08:03 PM
Washing Machine Problem Grumps UK diy 7 November 6th 05 08:40 PM
Help! meaning of program symbols on an older washing machine (zanussi 918t) [email protected] UK diy 12 May 29th 05 09:51 PM
Zanussi sensorcycle 1050 washing machine problem Terry UK diy 7 September 1st 04 08:49 PM
aeg lavamat 86720 washing machine problem Michael Dritschel UK diy 0 July 20th 04 08:27 AM