Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mungo

Default Washing machine problem - no fill on one program

Hi Folks,
Just punting this problem out to the good folks on uk.d-i-y to see if
anyone has an idea
about the cause.
Servis washing machine about a couple of years old.
When we put in some dirty washing and turn the rotary dial to code four
and then switch
on the machine it just rotates the contents in an alternating
clockwise-then-anticlockwise
direction but there's no intake of water!
It kindof feels as if the water level pressure sensor has its inlet
blocked, or its microswitch
is saying "water up to level" when that is not the case.
On a different program (code three) it does take in water - the only
difference I can see
between these codes is the wash temperature.
Both water valves are open; rinsing is fine; hot intake is fine; I'm
puzzled.

Any pointers to the cause gratefully accepted - thanks in advance.

Mungo